New Visitor
smilingem

How soon does a missed mortgage payment show up on your credit report?

I was wondering how soon a missed mortgage payment would show up on my credit report? And once it does, how much does it lower my credit score?
Valued Member
zep

Re: How soon does a missed mortgage payment show up on your credit report?

[ Edited ]
I had a late payment reportd by my mortgage company in June. My TU score tanked from 736 to 655. Fortunately it was an error by the mortgage company and deleted the late almost immediately and went back up within two weeks.

It happened within a week. I was received a letter from the mortgge company and within two days the drop had been recorded. A week later I got another letter telling me it was corrected and to allow 30 days for the correction but the deletion of the late happened almost immediately.

Message Edited by zep on 07-24-2008 02:01 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How soon does a missed mortgage payment show up on your credit report?

It would depend on when your mortgage company reports as to when the late will show.

As for the score decrease, that isn't easy to predict. Depends on what your score was to begin with, what other baddies you have, your most recent late, the positive effects on your score, etc.

If you pulled your report from here, you can run the score simulator and get an estimate.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}