Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Improve My score/Credit chances

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

How to Improve My score/Credit chances

It seems almost impossible to improve my score when all the agencies are reporting different information. I have one agency reporting 17 inquires (EX), TU reporting 11 and EQ reporting 6 inquires...no idea how that happened. Is there anyway I can send a request to the credit bureaus to remove all inquires?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
apandabear
Regular Contributor

Re: How to Improve My score/Credit chances

Different lenders, credit agencies, collection agencies, landlords, service providers and prospective employers pull different credit reports. They can pull whichever one they want, and they could pull 2 or 3 if they want. It's completely normal to have different inquiries on each CRA report.

And the inquiries, assuming they are there for a permissable purpose, cannot be removed until they age off (2 years). They don't affect your FICO score at all after 1 year.

Hope that helps.

2009-10 - C/Os
2011 - Debts paid, no open credit
2012 - Rebuilding started, secured cards opened, SL rehabbed - EQ myFICO 636
2014 - 10k Discover, 3.5k Freedom, AmEx Green, SL, Auto Loan - EQ myFICO 695
Message 2 of 5
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Do you know why you have so many inquiries?

If inquiries are accurate there really isn't any way to get rid of them. After 1 year they won't affect your score even though they remain for 2 years.

What are you trying to do to improve your score?

How many baddies and what kind of baddies do you have on your report?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I don't have any baddies on my report other than several inquires. I'm trying to get my score as high as possible so I can apply for a higher CL card. Preferably a Citibank card.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Don't worry about the inquiries.    Focus on cleaning up any negative or derogatory items on your credit reports.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.