Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to apply for a low interest/cash advance credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to apply for a low interest/cash advance credit card

I needed a credit card with a low interest rate, no cash advance fee, that has the same low interest rate for cash advances and purchases.  Many popular credit cards play the debt ratio, low approval balance, universal default game. Credit Unions have lower fees and don't play the games most popular CC do. I was approved today for a Credit Union Credit Card with a $17K CL and 8.65% IR.  I share with you some ideas on how to obtain the highest approval with the lowest interest rate.  Apply for a card that:

Charges the same rate for cash advances as for purchases
Preferably checks the CRA with your highest credit score and lowest numbers of inquiries.
Doesn't verify income.
That doesn't charge a cash advance fee.

Finally, try to find out the score that the CU gives the lowest interest rate.  They call this the tier score.  Most CU's A+ tier score is 740.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to apply for a low interest/cash advance credit card

So can you share with the forum what CU approved your card?

We all want to know!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to apply for a low interest/cash advance credit card

so_confused wrote:
So can you share with the forum what CU approved your card?

We all want to know!

Los Angeles FCU. They check income though.  I had to slightly lower my reported income when asked to provide my last two paystubs and they adjusted the approved limit down.  Another CU I was recently approve with a $17K limit as well has a higher tier and a higher rate. Their tier is at 760, their lowest rate is 9.99% as compared to LAFCU with a 740/7.99%  The key is to shop around.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.