Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to check AAOA?

@Anonymous wrote:
i used to be in Credit Karma.
How can I see it now? For free.

Here are some older threads talking about AAoA calculators.

Message 2 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

I just take all of my accounts from my report, and put the "opened date" in a spreadsheet.  Then average it compared to the excel =today() function.  Every time I add a new account (or consider adding one)  I add it to the list and see how the average changes.

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Credit Karma does not provide AAoA.  CK only considers open accounts and therefore provides AAoOA.  If you want AAoA you cannot rely on CK.

You can manually calculate it, use Excel and its date formulas, use an online AAoA calculator, etc.  It's just an average so you add up the amounts and divide by the number of amounts.

Message 4 of 5
p-
Valued Contributor

Excel is pretty easy.  Account Name goes in Cell A1, Date Opened in B1, in C1 type =(today()-B1)/265.242 which will give you a number of years opened.  Do the same thing for the rows below, referencing B2, B3, etc. by filling the cells.  When you get to the end, in the box below your last date, type =AVG(C1:C10) replacing C10 with the cell location of your last result.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.