cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute landlord tenant court record? Not showing in credit reports - caused decline apt

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to dispute landlord tenant court record? Not showing in credit reports - caused decline apt

in 2014 had a dispute with landlord he was a real jerk.

Once I got tough demanding he fix dangerous defects like steps that blew away in a hurrican 3 yeas ago he became unbearable.

I moved out during November 2014 and gave him forwarding address an locked keys in house. (He lived next door) 

He tried to evict me in December.  Well he had his lawyer send the court notice to my old address.  12/8 for a court date 12/17.  I moved out 11/29 and moved 1 mile away yet the mail has a yellow forwarding sticker showing delivered 12/31/2014 so naturally I missed the court date and had a default eviction.

As soon as I found out I demanded a court date and got one but Judge said he doesn't care since I already moved out.

Where does this show up - not in Pacer - how can I dispute this and get it corrected?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: How to dispute landlord tenant court record? Not showing in credit reports - caused decline a

Did the judge agree that the default judgment was improper, and actually vacate the judgment based on error?

Granting a new court date clearly implies vacature of the judgment of record, as courts dont retry the same complaint twice.

If vacated, it no longer is in the public record.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute landlord tenant court record? Not showing in credit reports - caused decline a

Judge refused to hear my arguement as he was only interested if I was still living there and trying to fight the eviction.  Since I had already moved and already surrendered keys he was unwilling to hear anything from me.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You need to consult an attorney......

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.