Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute the dispute results?....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to dispute the dispute results?....

Hi, please forgive me, but I'm new here.  I recently disputed some info. on my report, and the information was "updated".  The problems is, the balance showing on one of the reports is incorrect.  What is the next thing I should do?  (This is a BofA that was settled with a charge off of $619.)  I've had massive trouble in dealing with BofA.  They refuse to cooperate at all, plus they never would send me a correct 1099c..... they sent me 3 different ones, with different account no.s and balances, and none of them were correct. 
They also kept trying to collect via Creditors Interchange for 2 years after the settlement was paid!  They even posted activity for this account on my report-(after it was settled)!
And this has been going on since 2/2005!!

(Ok..... sorry about that-- I just needed to vent a little bit)

-ThanksSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute the dispute results?....

CaseysMom wrote:
Hi, please forgive me, but I'm new here.  I recently disputed some info. on my report, and the information was "updated".  The problems is, the balance showing on one of the reports is incorrect.  What is the next thing I should do?  (This is a BofA that was settled with a charge off of $619.)  I've had massive trouble in dealing with BofA.  They refuse to cooperate at all, plus they never would send me a correct 1099c..... they sent me 3 different ones, with different account no.s and balances, and none of them were correct. 
They also kept trying to collect via Creditors Interchange for 2 years after the settlement was paid!  They even posted activity for this account on my report-(after it was settled)!
And this has been going on since 2/2005!!

(Ok..... sorry about that-- I just needed to vent a little bit)

-ThanksSmiley Happy

Hi caseysMom  welcome to the forums.

First this link has all the abbrevs that we use and also freq.requested thread....which is full of info.

When dealing with CR  you go by federal law (CRTP) and state law (SOL)

look at your TU and EX  CR   look at the OC (if they are still reporting)  what is the DOFD  DOLA or when does it drop from your CR?
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute the dispute results?....

The DOFD is 6/2003.... the DOLA is 2/2005
So if it drops as it should.... that would be maybe 2010?
I have alot of info. about this account.  There are many things they have done wrong. But, I'll list the specifics later. Too much typing for now...lol
I was just wondering what exactly the next step would be.  They "updated" the info. being reported, but it shows an incorrect charge-off amount.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.