Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to dispute w/TU?

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

How to dispute w/TU?

Anyone know the best way to dispute with TU? A few things that should be deleted are on my TU, but not on my other reports. Do I need to send in a letter via snail mail with my issues, asking them to correct? Thanks for your help.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to dispute w/TU?

If you have a dispute, TU normally lets you pull a credit report to dispute through their website. You can give that a try and submit your disputes. They also have a status page where you can the results of your disputes.
Message 2 of 6
Neblett
Regular Contributor

Only problem with TU web disputes is that if you still have an outstanding dispute, you cannot review your file or dispute anything further online until the previous dispute has finished (and updated) on their system.  Sometimes the online update takes a week after the dispute is completed.

But otherwise, TU's and EX's online disputes are not bad systems.  Although EX has the nasty habit of popping up messages saying - "this dispute cannot be processed online and must be done over the phone or in writing."

As has been mentioned in a previous thread, if you DO do a phone dispute with TU, ask to speak to a US customer service rep, because otherwise you'll be dealing with someone in Mumbai who is only looking for something to tick on his checklist of dispute reasons, not actually understanding what category your dispute should truly fall under.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recommend disputing with TU over the phone

call: 1-800-916-8800

You almost never have to wait

You can dispute accounts with a real person over the phone. What's even
better, is you can call back a few days later and see if there have been any resolutions
to your disputes...sometimes there are
Message 4 of 6
coachhenson
Regular Contributor

Transunion has been the easiest to deal with on my recent endeavors to improve my credit.  I do agree that you should ask for a customer service rep in the US because Thomas from Zimbabwe only understands his script.

Transunion verified and deleted several things for me within 24 hours on my report.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah that's what I'm talking about. I think TU is seriously the easiest agency to deal with.

Equifax seems to only be able to be disuputed online or by mail.

Experian is the worst--I've had to ask my creditors to call them and give them the correct info. If you know they are reporting wrong--tell your creditors to directly contact them and update the info electronically. I just did this with one account and it worked like a charm
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.