cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find which CA's are licensed/bonded in my state.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to find which CA's are licensed/bonded in my state.

Forgive me if this is posted somewhere, but I searched the forums and looked through the frequently requested threads and couldn't find an answer to my question (Google was no help either).

Can anyone point me in the direction of a listing or other reference of how to find which collection agencies are licensed and/or bonded to collect in the State of Minnesota?

And on that note, if one or some of the CA's I am disputing on my CR's are NOT on that list, how do I proceed?

Thanking you in advance for your help....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to find which CA's are licensed/bonded in my state.

type in the name

If not licensed  file a complaint with your AG office and theirs (whatever state that they are in)  also www.ftc.gov

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-15-2008 05:55 PM
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you HappyDays!

So now, how do I proceed if a particular CA is not listed as licensed in my state? (Allgate Financial LLC)?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the bottom is phone #s     call and ask for the info.that you need.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays,
I apologize for being redundant, but as I am new at all of this, I just want to be clear and well informed in the process.

Allgate Financial is a CA listed on my CR for $1500. I had sent a DV to them 2 weeks ago and received a package in the mail from them basically asking ME to verify the debt was not mine. (My first post to this forum earlier this week explained this in detail).

Would you recommend I reply to their letter informing them they are not licensed in my state to collect? Do they have to remove the collection from my CR if they are not licensed? What would I put in my complaint my states AG?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Atryxia wrote:
HappyDays,
I apologize for being redundant, but as I am new at all of this, I just want to be clear and well informed in the process.

Allgate Financial is a CA listed on my CR for $1500. I had sent a DV to them 2 weeks ago and received a package in the mail from them basically asking ME to verify the debt was not mine. (My first post to this forum earlier this week explained this in detail).

Would you recommend I reply to their letter informing them they are not licensed in my state to collect? Do they have to remove the collection from my CR if they are not licensed? What would I put in my complaint my states AG?

Ask as many questions as you need!!!!!

The package that they sent to you does NOT validate the debt....It is up to them to prove that it is your debt!!!!!     remember do not sign anything to a CA and NEVER offer any info. to them!!!

Send this letter to them  CMRRR     add the date and the CERT #  of the first DV letter

I requested validation of this debt, and you have not provided me with anything bearing my signature. You have perhaps shown some evidence of a debt, but I see nothing showing that this debt belongs to me. Either validate that this debt belongs to me or I will retain a lawyer and sue as you are now in violation of §809(b) FDCPA."

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-15-2008 07:28 PM
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So no need to make mention that they are not licensed to collect in my state? (which I also requested proof of in my original DV letter).
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not yet- just report them to the body that handles the licensing in your state and AG.

Let them rack up a bunch of violations-

Atryxia wrote:
So no need to make mention that they are not licensed to collect in my state? (which I also requested proof of in my original DV letter).

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks both!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.