cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get CRA's to update your address?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to get CRA's to update your address?

Can someone please give me a little help and tell me the best way to get my address current on all three of the CRA's?

Thanks,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to get CRA's to update your address?

I just moved myself. While you can certainly contact them via mail with copies of your DL, utility bill copy, or whatever else they need, the fastest way to update is to update all of your creditors with your new address. They will automatically have the CRAs update it for you.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can do as llecs says. Some of the CRAs still didn't update my 'current' address using that method, though; they only added the new address to my list of 'past' addresses.

I used a copy of my credit report and sent in a dispute/request to update personal information to each CRA. Include a photocopy of your driver's license, SS card, and two recent utility bills or bank statements with your name and current address on them. (Black out the account #s)

While you're at it, it's a good idea to go over all the addresses they have listed for you and request that they delete any that were never yours, if there are any.

Message 3 of 5
Bleety17
Regular Contributor

i just called transunion and they updated my address over the phone.

USAA Mastercard-$2000 USAA Visa-$2000 USAA SC-$600 NFCU-$12500 Walmart-$3500 BestBuy $1000 Navcheck 3000

Message 4 of 5
kcc
Established Member

The only way to update address on Experian is to check addresse identification numbers on tradelines and inquires against addresses under personal information. Experian will only remove addresses not connected to a tradeline or inquiry. This can be done using there automated service over the phone.

Each time a tradeline or inquiry driops off you can call and get the address deleted. This is an ongoing process. The other 2 bureaus will normally delete old addresses.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.