cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to improve a 710 fico score in 3 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to improve a 710 fico score in 3 months?

I am new to this website/forum.  I need all the advice I can get regarding how to improve my fico score in 3 months?  Is it possible?  What all should I take in account in improving my fico score?  Also my next question when writing a letter to credit bureau is it a negative effect on my credit score or report, when requesting to remove an old account that is past 7 years?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to improve a 710 fico score in 3 months?

@Anonymous wrote:

I am new to this website/forum.  I need all the advice I can get regarding how to improve my fico score in 3 months?  Is it possible?  What all should I take in account in improving my fico score?  Also my next question when writing a letter to credit bureau is it a negative effect on my credit score or report, when requesting to remove an old account that is past 7 years?

Contacting the CRAs on your own behalf does not affect your credit.  If you have proof the account is past the CRTP then send that in regarding the account.  

Need more information in order to give you information.  Do you have any other negatives on your account?  Do you have any accounts in good standing?  Do you have any revolving accounts and if so what is your util?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Contacting the CRAs on your own behalf does not affect your credit.  If you have proof the account is past the CRTP then send that in regarding the account.  

Need more information in order to give you information.  Do you have any other negatives on your account?  Do you have any accounts in good standing?  Do you have any revolving accounts and if so what is your util?

+1 We need to know where you stand before we can help you improve. Best of luck!

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 3 of 4
Cloudlb
Regular Contributor

Reading the posts on the "understanding FICO scoring" would help.  I'm not an expert, but 710 is pretty good, so chances are you have no baddies, and could improve by reducing your debt ratio (paying the credit cards off)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.