Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep getting the newest credit report without paying

tag
mousefai
New Contributor

How to keep getting the newest credit report without paying

Hi folks,

as you have all known, your credit report only lasts 3 months if you wanted to dispute something on your credit report. After 3 month, even  you wanted to dispute, the system will say your report number expire and asked you to have a new one (not all people can coz there is only 1 free per year).

however my friend told me a better way without getting another report. and he said it works for all 3 CRA.

1st, try to login using the report number you have to each CRA.

2nd, try to start a new dispute (dont do if your report is ok)

3rd, key in your report number.

4th, review your report (you should able to)

then here is the trick, once you review your report, the report date is reflect as of current day. Then your report date will start counting now til 3 months after.

anybody tried this method to keep refreshing their report, so you dont have to wait for a year?

let me know. 

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
mousefai
New Contributor

Re: How to keep getting the newest credit report without paying

anyone?

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 2 of 15
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I would be surprised if you are able to use that method indefinitely. I bet it stops working at some point. Besides, I don't think it is the morally right thing to do. Most of us that are into this credit tracking hobby have legit ways to get our reports frequently using a credit monitoring service. I have used both USAA and EIDT for daily pulls (now using EIDT), and am quite happy with it.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mousefai wrote:

Hi folks,

as you have all known, your credit report only lasts 3 months if you wanted to dispute something on your credit report. After 3 month, even  you wanted to dispute, the system will say your report number expire and asked you to have a new one (not all people can coz there is only 1 free per year).

however my friend told me a better way without getting another report. and he said it works for all 3 CRA.

1st, try to login using the report number you have to each CRA.

2nd, try to start a new dispute (dont do if your report is ok)

3rd, key in your report number.

4th, review your report (you should able to)

then here is the trick, once you review your report, the report date is reflect as of current day. Then your report date will start counting now til 3 months after.

anybody tried this method to keep refreshing their report, so you dont have to wait for a year?

let me know. 

This would be viewed as unethical under the TOS of the forums.

Message 4 of 15
mousefai
New Contributor

to all,

i currently also use eidt to keep track my credit report.

however, let said something came up in ur report and it wasnt yours. And you have just took out your free credit report which past the 3 months deadline. 

then you have to pay to to get a credit report, if you want to dispute anything from it.

to me, if the report was some vital infomation belongs to us, why only 1 per year. why not just unlimited per year.

if cra hv to charge for doing this, i dont think is ethical fair too. 

and beside, is not like we are killing or stealing something. we are just getting something we should have for free, instead of paying. 

Message 5 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@mousefai wrote:

to all,

i currently also use eidt to keep track my credit report.

however, let said something came up in ur report and it wasnt yours. And you have just took out your free credit report which past the 3 months deadline. 

then you have to pay to to get a credit report, if you want to dispute anything from it.

to me, if the report was some vital infomation belongs to us, why only 1 per year. why not just unlimited per year.

if cra hv to charge for doing this, i dont think is ethical fair too. 

and beside, is not like we are killing or stealing something. we are just getting something we should have for free, instead of paying. 

That is one of the ways the CRAs make money.  By selling reports to the consumers. 

And it is not our decision to decide what we get for free or not.

The reports we get from annualcreditreport.com are what the federal law authorized and they established the guidlines along with your state laws.  State laws may say you can get more than one.

Message 6 of 15
mousefai
New Contributor

i mean, checking error on our credit report i think it should be same as checking your property estimates or checking  your credit card statement for free.

as it is such a vital infomation when it comes to any kind of loans, and nowday a lot of people do have id theft/fraud problem on their card.

i think is jsut people getting used that cra charged when getting mroe then 1 per year. i think they should be free no matter what since is our personal infomation.

not to be rude, just sharing thoughts. 

Message 7 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 8 of 15
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

My understanding...when buying a 1 time report...that report exists for viewing for 30 days...and is only updated at time of purchase.  Same goes with the free annual report.  But...if you dispute with EQ and EX...when the dispute is completed, you can access your report via your confirmation number for 30 days..and that report is updated everytime you view it.  TU is different I think...you can view a copy of your CR once the dispute is complete, but it is only updated once.   I see no issues ethically by taking advantage of a free 30 day updated CR after the fact that you have disputed something...as for disputing something just for the sake of gaining access...well opinions vary.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 9 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

My understanding...when buying a 1 time report...that report exists for viewing for 30 days...and is only updated at time of purchase.  Same goes with the free annual report.  But...if you dispute with EQ and EX...when the dispute is completed, you can access your report via your confirmation number for 30 days..and that report is updated everytime you view it.  TU is different I think...you can view a copy of your CR once the dispute is complete, but it is only updated once.   I see no issues ethically by taking advantage of a free 30 day updated CR after the fact that you have disputed something...as for disputing something just for the sake of gaining access...well opinions vary.

Yes, opinions may vary, however, it is a violation of the TOS of the forums.  And everyone has to abide by the TOS.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.