cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to keep someone else from viewing your CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to keep someone else from viewing your CR?

I would like to keep other individuals who have my identifying information from being able to view my CR. (Yes, my aunt is that nosey.)

Will a freeze accomplish this? As I understand it, a freeze only prevents someone from opening new accounts.  Is there some way to put a password on your CR so only you can look at it?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to keep someone else from viewing your CR?

Wow!  That's no fun to have such a nosey aunt. 

How are you thinking she would access your report?  Does she have your Social Security #?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow!  That's no fun to have such a nosey aunt. 

How are you thinking she would access your report?  Does she have your Social Security #?

Yeah, she's kind of the family crazy-maker. Smiley Indifferent

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I would like to keep other individuals who have my identifying information from being able to view my CR. (Yes, my aunt is that nosey.)

Will a freeze accomplish this? As I understand it, a freeze only prevents someone from opening new accounts.  Is there some way to put a password on your CR so only you can look at it?

No way that I have ever heard of.  As long as they have your personal data and are willing to commit a felony, they can look.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.