cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a dispute? Online? Certified? GW dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to perform a dispute? Online? Certified? GW dispute?

I have been remiss in checking my credit history of the past few years, so I recently purchased the deluxe report from MyFico. My scores range from 724 to 761 between the three credit reporting agencies. I noticed that I still had a 90 day late payment flag on all of the reports from when I changed my address online for my student loans, but they continued to send bills to my previous address.

All of the associated accounts are long closed and paid in full and this 90 day flag is back from 6/01. In 04 when I saw it on a credit report, I contacted them and they stated they would remove it. Well it was never done. Now I know on 6/08 the flag will be removed due to the 7 years being up, but I would like to remove it quicker as I am in the process of shopping for a home.

Can anyone suggest how I go about doing this? What is the best way to attempt to get this removed from the CRs? Do I do the online disputes, or is it better to do certified mail? Do they have a time limit to respond? Do I send the letter to the company itself or the credit agencies? What is a GW letter?

Is there a guide on how to do this anywhere? Any samples letters ?

Sorry for all the questions but there seems to be quite a lot of knowledgeable people here.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How to perform a dispute? Online? Certified? GW dispute?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to perform a dispute? Online? Certified? GW dispute?

Quick question, would bills having been sent to the wrong address, after I performed an address change, be considered a valid reason to remove the flag on my credit report? Or is a reason like that not adequate?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.