Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to proceed with deletion resolution

tag
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

How to proceed with deletion resolution

So, as some of you know I am a victim of identity theft and just recently I have made great progress getting many items removed mostly in part to the assistance of 2 district attorneys, one located in CA and the other located in AZ.

2 weeks ago I sent a packet of information containing copies of police reports, letters from the DA's offices, a FTC Fraud Affidavit, and a brief letter explaining my situation and why these items should be thoroughly investigated, DELETED, and all paperwork sent to myself, the DA's office (they are still prosecuting the individual in CA) and to my detective working the case.

I didn't hear anything from them so figured I would place a phone call. Today was busy so I only had the opportunity to call 3 of the companies I sent correspondence to.

2 companies said they received the paperwork and had advised the bureaus to delete all negative information. I told them its still reporting and they said they would send me a letter that I could forward to the bureaus. My reply to them was that's not good enough and they need to handle this NOW, to which his reply was he will "see what he can do"

The other place said they are processing my paperwork and will most likely delete the medical bill next week, and to call back.

Hints? Suggestions on how to proceed?
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to proceed with deletion resolution

ngerasimatos wrote:
So, as some of you know I am a victim of identity theft and just recently I have made great progress getting many items removed mostly in part to the assistance of 2 district attorneys, one located in CA and the other located in AZ.

2 weeks ago I sent a packet of information containing copies of police reports, letters from the DA's offices, a FTC Fraud Affidavit, and a brief letter explaining my situation and why these items should be thoroughly investigated, DELETED, and all paperwork sent to myself, the DA's office (they are still prosecuting the individual in CA) and to my detective working the case.

I didn't hear anything from them so figured I would place a phone call. Today was busy so I only had the opportunity to call 3 of the companies I sent correspondence to.

2 companies said they received the paperwork and had advised the bureaus to delete all negative information. I told them its still reporting and they said they would send me a letter that I could forward to the bureaus. My reply to them was that's not good enough and they need to handle this NOW, to which his reply was he will "see what he can do"

The other place said they are processing my paperwork and will most likely delete the medical bill next week, and to call back.

Hints? Suggestions on how to proceed?

Patiently wait a few more weeks? CRAs are known to take a bit of time to update.
Message 2 of 3
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: How to proceed with deletion resolution

Its tough. tough. tough.

I have never been known to be a patient person.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.