cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove an improper Hard Pull Inquiry on my EX CR?

tag
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

How to remove an improper Hard Pull Inquiry on my EX CR?

I have a hard pull from First USA, NA? on my EX CR from 6/14/2008. As far as I am aware I did not ask anyone to pull my report for credit of any kind.

It also says it will remain on record until July 2010?? I thought inquiries only stayed on for 12 months.

How do I remove an inquiry from my CR?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Re: How to remove an improper Hard Pull Inquiry on my EX CR?

Hard pulls are reported for 2 years, but only factor into your score for 12 months.  In this case, it will stop affecting your score in a couple weeks, and inquiries don't count for much of the score anyway.  I would just leave it alone. 

Message 2 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

gotcha - of course I don't know my EX FICO score... guess it will get better either way though.

I want to get a CLI from Chase which I heard are hard pulls - will this only affect my EX score? and will the hard pull be a heavier loss of points because I have another hard pull, even if it is over 12 months but under 2?

Why does it have no affect after 12 months but stay recorded for 24 months?

Message 3 of 10
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

Well I'm not sure who Chase pulls, but I think it can be found by searching the forums.  As far as how much it will affect your scores, YMMV.  There's no real rhyme or reason to how much hard pulls hurt your score, if at all.  But if you're sure you'll get approved for the CLI, then the possible short term hurt of a hard pull should be worth it.  You can always ask Chase if CLIs require hard or soft pulls.
Message 4 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

That inquiry from last year is from Chase (aka First USA). Did you request a CLI last year? For this new CLI request, by the looks of it, they might pull EX again.

Inquiries remain for two years, but FICO only cares about the first.

Message 5 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

OK - I just wanted to clearify though, as I am still really new to understanding the underbelly of the credit world, When Chase (or whoever) does a hard pull, it only affects your credit score with that 1 agency correct? so if they pulled from EX, it will not affect TU or EQ?
Message 6 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

Hey llecs, you know what - I think I did get a new line at TJMax right around that time. That has to be what it is. I just didn't make the connection between Chase, First USA, TJMax and EX - yeesh, tangled web - ha!. So it is legit then - - - >

This is who I want the CLI from (at least the next one in line I go for). Interesting - - - > DBA, DBA, DBA Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

natasjlp wrote:
OK - I just wanted to clearify though, as I am still really new to understanding the underbelly of the credit world, When Chase (or whoever) does a hard pull, it only affects your credit score with that 1 agency correct? so if they pulled from EX, it will not affect TU or EQ?

Right. If there is a hard pull, then it impacts your FICO score that corresponds only to the CRA that was pulled. So, if you ask for a CLI for your Chase card and they pull EX, then only your EX FICO score would be impacted (assuming there'd even be any damage....I've got 30-something Smiley Happy ). If EX is the only CRA pulled, then you wouldn't see any damage to EQ and TU.

Message 8 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

natasjlp wrote:

Hey llecs, you know what - I think I did get a new line at TJMax right around that time. That has to be what it is. I just didn't make the connection between Chase, First USA, TJMax and EX - yeesh, tangled web - ha!. So it is legit then - - - >

This is who I want the CLI from (at least the next one in line I go for). Interesting - - - > DBA, DBA, DBA Smiley Happy

This confirms that connection:

http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webcgi/webserve.cgi?partner_dir_name=tjx_choice

Message 9 of 10
natasjlp
Regular Contributor

definitely - I just looked on the back of the card and it says 'CHASE' also to pay the balance online it is www.chase.com/creditcards

so, there you go  -- - - > I just used for the first time in about 8 months to keep it 'active' and before I try for a CLI.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.