Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save money with Credit Check Total

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to save money with Credit Check Total

Yes, that is what you click to get your scores again.  The only reason I can think of that it isn't letting you pull the scores for free is if you've exceeded your $1 trial window.  When you start a trial and cancel it on Day 7, you can pull your scores again for free on days 7, 8, 9 or 10.  After that, I would assume you have to pay even if you can still log into your account at that point.  When you refresh your scores it should show $0.00 as the price assuming it's during the trial period and/or 3-day courtesy extension.

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can start the trial and cancel it 10 minutes later.  It still gives the full 10 days and 2 pulls.  It's a lot easier than waiting to cancel on the 7th day.  I got sick on the 7th day last month and now I have a full month of CCT at the full $30.Smiley Embarassed

Message 22 of 26
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can start the trial and cancel it 10 minutes later.  It still gives the full 10 days and 2 pulls.  It's a lot easier than waiting to cancel on the 7th day.  I got sick on the 7th day last month and now I have a full month of CCT at the full $30.Smiley Embarassed

Sorry to hear that...

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Good to know; I wasn't aware you still got the full 10 days.  I figured if you cancelled on Day 4 or sooner that you'd only get your 7 days based on the 3 day after cancellation courtesy.  I agree it's a lot easier cancelling right away so that you don't have to worry about doing it in a week.

Message 24 of 26
kennerchick
Frequent Contributor

I set my calendar on my cell to cancel 7 days later.  I did do the second pull.  It did say $0 and I took screen shots of that and have been checking my bank, nothing has gone through.  I was just leary since I did something like that before and it charged me $50 and I had no idea until my checking account was NSF for a few charges thanks to that going through, but I got it all reversed.  That was last year.

Thanks again for the help.

Starting all over again!
Message 25 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, it will show that $0.00 at checkout when you go to pull your scores the second time.  It is legit, though, and you'll never get charged for that second pull.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.