cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unfreeze Experian? Please assist!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to unfreeze Experian? Please assist!

Hello,

I froze Experian a while ago, and would like to unfreeze it.  However, I cannot find out how/where to unfreeze.  I called Experians automated system, and its asking me for a number that was given to me when I first froze it.  I don't have this number anymore.  Any experience with this?

Thanks,

JP

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: How to unfreeze Experian? Please assist!

When it ask you for the number just hit 0 like 10 times and it will send you to a person (my little trick to get out of automation)

Message 2 of 7
ezef3ar
Contributor

Go there you should be able to do it

https://www.experian.com/freeze/center.html
Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I froze Experian a while ago, and would like to unfreeze it.  However, I cannot find out how/where to unfreeze.  I called Experians automated system, and its asking me for a number that was given to me when I first froze it.  I don't have this number anymore.  Any experience with this?

Thanks,

JP

If you lost your access code (10 digit number) your gonna have fun trying to get them to sent it to you Smiley Happy

Your going to need to mail them proof of identity/address. Get in touch with a rep from them. 1-888-EXPERIAN.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
teddybearkelli1
Contributor

Good Luck unfreezing. My husband is military and froze his 4 years ago. We have been working for almost 2 years to get the freeze off. Mailed them everything they asked for 3 separate times, with delivery confirmation, and still nadda. Hope you have better success than we have had.

FICO scores: 790 (EQ) 786 (EX) 796 (TU) |
My Wallet:NFCU CR Visa 24k, AMEX Delta Gd 18k, Walmart Discvr 12k, USAA Plat RA MC 13k, BECU Visa 13k, NFCU NR MC 10k, Sams Discvr 10k, Sportsmans Visa 11.5k, WF Plat Visa 10k, Paypal Extra MC 10k, BofA Fraternity MC 14k, Sams Credit 10k, USAA World MC 9k, Military Star 8.2k |BOA CR 8k |AMEX Evrdy 8k |Lowes 7.3k | Chase Military Star MC 16k, JCPenneys MC 7k, Discover IT 5k , Gymboree Visa 4.5k, Sears MC 4k, TJX MC 3.5k, ToysRUS MC 5k, Chase Amazon Visa 3k, Home Depot 3k, Citibank Simplicity 6.5k, Fred Meyers Visa 2.5k, Target 2k, Kohls 2k, ITunes Visa 5k, Macys 2k, Vystar CU Visa 5k
Message 5 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Oh dear, without the PIN you were given when you freeze your report, it is going to be a pain to unfreeze it.

Message 6 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Oh dear, without the PIN you were given when you freeze your report, it is going to be a pain to unfreeze it.

unless you push up up down down left right left right  b a b a select start Smiley Happy

still shouldn't be too terrible, jus have to send in proofs of id.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.