cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to working w/ Credit Bureaus on issues?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to working w/ Credit Bureaus on issues?

I've ignored some issues in my credit report because I don't know how to start working with the "Bureaus". Issues like a paid off debt and debt cleared by bankruptcy. How do I start (online vs. mail) and what details and evidence do I need to provide?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: How to working w/ Credit Bureaus on issues?

Hi, Fisherman, welcome to the forums! Brr, sounds like a cold time of year to fish in Colorado.

Please start by reading Credit Scoring 101. The link is posted up at the top of this forum. It's really hard to accomplish what you want to if you try to apply bits and pieces of info to a REALLY complex matter, so you need to learn enough to get the big picture.

After you read through it, please come back and post your exact challenges, and you should get plenty of responses. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Hauling - You are right there - the streams are 50-50 covered. I read back thru the Credit 101 as advised. It was enlightening. One thing you might be able to answer - on disputing with the CRAs is using On-line vs. Regular (CMRRR) mail better? When I use Regular mail over On-line? thnks
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have done my tiny bit of disputing with CRA's online, and it worked fine. I did go through the full report that you have to pay $9-10 for through each CRA's website instead of through the myFICO site, etc. The nice thing about this is that you get full reports, including soft inquiries, and with EX and TU you can keep pulling fresh full reports for the life of the dispute.

All that I have disputed were bad addresses and balances that hadn't updated, which was actually a problem with the CCC, so I'm not one of the battle-scared veterans in that area. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.