Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How will this effect my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How will this effect my score

I have an issue that I need advice on.  I am in a situation where I have to open a new auto loan this week (no choice).  I need to refi my home in March due to ARM loan.  The last time I checked my FICO I was in the 650 range (not sure of current score).  My question is this:  How much of a negative effect will opening this new loan have on my score when it comes time to refi 2 months from now.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How will this effect my score

It's impossible to know exactly how much any one action will alter one's FICO score with any one CRA.

If you need to get a new car loan, then you need it. Period. Whether the tranny blew, got stolen, wrecked or whatever, you need it, right?

Did your new car loan replace an existing car loan? If there was some circumstance--stolen, wrecked, etc.--then any sort of documentation you provide the loan officer would help assuage their concerns, assuming they have any, and it's possible they won't care.

Check out the Credit Monitoring link in my sig. Might be a good time for you to sign up for MyFico ScoreWatch on a month to month basis. First do a google search and find a current Myfico discount code before you buy. Keeping an eye on your EQ FICO score for a couple of months might prove useful for the home refi.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.