Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would you dispute this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How would you dispute this?

I Filed for chapter 7 in nov of 07 and discharged in Jan of 08. Since then I have had perfect credit.

Today in the mail I got a letter from Allance Asset stating that I owe them $520.00 from a instant loan today. This was part of my bk, it states that i have 30 days to dispute. So How would you dispute this?

Thanks for your help!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How would you dispute this?

I would send them a letter reminding them that this account was IIB.

Give the date of filing, the date of discharge, their account number. 

Remind them that it is illegal for them to attempt to collect on a debt that was IIB, and that you will take appropriate legal action if they continue to pursue collection of this debt.

Worked for us.  Sometimes there's automated systems or imperfect personnel behind collection attempts.  They just need to be reminded of the facts.

ETA:  Send it certified.

Oh, I'll also add a +1 to MVV's post which follows this.  We contacted our BK attorney, and he told us to handle it this way.  YMMV.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How would you dispute this?

@Anonymous wrote:

I Filed for chapter 7 in nov of 07 and discharged in Jan of 08. Since then I have had perfect credit.

Today in the mail I got a letter from Allance Asset stating that I owe them $520.00 from a instant loan today. This was part of my bk, it states that i have 30 days to dispute. So How would you dispute this?

Thanks for your help!!!

You might also contact your BK lawyer and let them handle this. That's why you paid them the big bucks. Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.