Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge ordeal

tag
janie1234
Established Member

Huge ordeal

In the past 10 years I went through a messy divorce which forced me to file bankruptcy, and then as a single mom I struggled to make ends meet and get by. I have to say I am super excited b/c for the first time in 10 years when i pulled my experian my fico score i got a message that said "YOUR FICO SCORE IS GOOD" 661.  I know that this is still low for most people on the board but for me it signals as turn of events in my life, it shows hard work is finally starting to pay off and one day very soon I will be able to claim i have great credit.  My scores are MY fico ex. 661 / MyFico equifax 605 / Myfico walmart  648 (646 here).  It also means my mid score is finally in a range that i can begin to think about home ownership.  All i have left to clear off my accounts is 4 med. charge offs (past SOL) and 1 big stinkin Merrick Bank charge off from 2010 that I will settle if when i buy a home they make me.  I know there is no chance i can get them to remove it so now i will have to wait and see.  I just wanted to say that while it took a lot longer than some b/c of bumps along the way I finally see a light at the end of the bad credit tunnel!!!! 

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
CreditControl
Contributor

Re: Huge ordeal

That is great news!  Success stories are always good and wishing you the best as you continue your journey!

CSP - 11,000 Chase Freedom 12,000; AMEX Delta Gold 2,000; AMEX Delta Platinum (AU) 15,000; Discover IT 9,500; BOA Cash Rewards 30,000; AMEX BCE 9,900; Belk 7,000; Macys 7,000; Lane Bryant 3,600; HH Gregg 3,000; Care Credit; 7,200; Bloomingdale's 3,000
Message 2 of 18
john398
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the progress thats wonderful news

Message 3 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! I enjoy reading stories like yours. Rebuilding takes time, hard work and when you've finally made it -it should feel good.

Congratulations and don't be a stranger.
Message 4 of 18
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Welcome and congratulations! After what you've been through all these years, you deserve a pat on the back.

Message 5 of 18
GFer
Valued Contributor

Keep pushin', Janie! Congrats!

It is hard work, but so worth it! Not only do things cost you less, more rewards (hopefully), but just feel so much better!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 18
janie1234
Established Member

You are right it has saved me money, I figured i was on the right path when i bought my new car this year and i was given a 3.9 interest rate from Aly Bank. It felt amazing to NOT have a suprime lender and some crazy high interest rate. THe hardest part is being patient. I would love to go on an app spree w/ my new ex. score  but from all that i learn here i will continue to wait in the garden, and let time keep moving those numbers.  I jsut dont understand why my equifax score is so much lower than the others w/ the same info on it. Thanks for all the warm wishes it really is a big deal for me anyhow. Smiley Happy

Credit journey started in 2012
TU - 631, EQ - 550 & EX - 601

6/6/14 Lender Pull

TU- 724, EQ - 680 & EX-686

Current Goal scores 700 across the board

Message 7 of 18
seat3a
Contributor

A big congrats! I know how good it feels.  I started building my credit several years ago and it really took several years.

Patience and good credit habits really pay off. Keep going!!!

Barclay Arrival World MC 10K, Citi AAdvantage 16K, Chase Sapphire Preferred 15K, AMEX Gold Delta Skymiles 16K, Venture One 5K, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $300, Discover Direct Rewards (Cap 1) $500

Scores: EX 764 EQ 750 TU 809 MyFico 739 Last App 11/13
Message 8 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If the information is exactly the same ie inq's, baddies, accts etc then it could just be the scoring on EQ is 'grading' your reports harsher.

Come on over to the Garden thread until your reports are ready to app.
Message 9 of 18
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Please don't give in just yet. The garden is an ideal place to be right now.

Also, are these charge offs paid in full?  If so I can share a few techniques as to how I've gotten mine removed in the past.

Any revolving CC's in good standing?  If not, have you considered a secured card to help build your report & score to show that you're now more responsible and can be trusted?

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.