Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hunting Wabbits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hunting Wabbits

Google is your friend. It can be very useful in hunting down Email addresses for most any company. You likely just need to know the company's website address to start.

Once you find a few Email addresses, you'll start to see the pattern. Most companies follow one of several. Here are a few.

In larger companies, middle initials, nicknames or numbers might get used in the Email address, but if the person's name is sufficiently unique that likely won't happen.

Wiki is also your friend because it can often find key people at many corporations quickly and easily.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Hunting Wabbits

thanks noah good info but how do  you find the person's names just by searching random stuff?
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamagirl1 wrote:
thanks noah good info but how do  you find the person's names just by searching random stuff?

Well, it's going to depend on what you're seeking.

Do you know the company they work for?
Do you know a person's name or are you looking for anyone working a particular position or department?
Are you looking for a "key person" like a CEO, CFO, Chairman of the Board, BOD member, etc?

Message Edited by Noah_Bodie on 02-14-2008 07:44 AM
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice if I could find someone in the credit reporting department at Cap 1. I've already did the Google thing in using many combinations of keywords, but no luck. I did find a contact when I I was doing my CCA thing and it was very helpful.

Kevin
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

KevinB wrote:
It would be nice if I could find someone in the credit reporting department at Cap 1.

Turned up a few Email addresses and names at Cap 1.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.hoovers.com  - it's a site for info on businesses.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

www.dogpile.com is also a very good search tool!  i have used it alot in the past. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah:

I actually found the home address of the Vice Pres in Charge of the credit division, the one who is also in charge of compliance.

I'm sending a nice letter to him as we speak.

Kevin
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Umm, I strongly advise AGAINST contacting anyone in the collections or credit industry at home. There have been a couple of lawsuits against consumers because of this practice. You could seriously be inviting a restraining order against you.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.