Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurt or Help my score?

tag
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Hurt or Help my score?

My scores are in my siggy, but those were pulled this past Sunady (9/29/14).

What I'm concerned with is, I refinanced my auto loan, it just hasn't reported just yet. One of my other CUs offered me 6% less APR, lowering my bill by $60 and all without extending my original term length with my other CU. Smiley Very Happy  All of this just hasnt' reproted yet. Except I think my Equifax shows that my original one was paid off, just not that the new one has opened.

So while I"m happy with that, my credit file is thin. My original auto loan was my oldest line of credit at 10 months, I just recieved two new CCs in August. Everything is paid on time and all, but since my credit is so new, will the refinancing hurt my score even more? Or since I have a thin file, will it help it out some? 

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Hurt or Help my score?

It's a toss up! I really wouldn't worry about it either way. You did the right thing in doing a refi that saves you $60 a month. Your scores will rise higher in six months anyway as long as you make your payments on time.

Heck, I'd trade some of my points for $60 month any day of the week!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 2 of 3
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Re: Hurt or Help my score?

Thanks Jamie! I'll be sure to update this thread with my new scores probably at the middle/end of October. Smiley Tongue

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.