cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband's credit report is awful... help!

tag
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Husband's credit report is awful... help!

We're here to help, so Kudo's for the both of you for willing to take action and accept fiscal responsibilities.

From what I've heard....it's better to send your requests to the CRA's on one page.

If you purchase your Fico Scores, there is a section that has printable content.  I filled it all out, mailed it in and had great results.

Since I have had no collections, someone with experience will chime in here. 

IMHO, if you have three medical collections with one CA, IF you write them a letter  NEVER sign your name, only type it!!!! 

Now, that being said, a score of 533....mine was WORSE.  When I first began this journey in Nov. 07, one of my scores was 481.  Three months later, it's gone up almost 100 points!  If it takes holding your hand to get you there, we'll get there. 
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Holy moley... 100 points since Nov - congrats!  As for hand holding... I'll take it!  And some kleenex on the way too.  I'm sure to be brought to tears too Smiley Tongue

Okay so 1 page requests to change info to CRA.  Good to know.  Simple.  Hopefully it won't be too hard to fix.  Especially the variance in my SSN.

And I swear neitiher I nor my hub will sign our names on anything.

BTW... I'm waiting to hear from my hub about the phone call to Verizon about the crazy collection on his report.  I'm hoping someone will be able to fix it!!
Message 22 of 23
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Once a collection is removed...you're going to see a nice increase!
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.