cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Dv'ed, they say its sold, but they are only ones on CR....?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Dv'ed, they say its sold, but they are only ones on CR....?

Ok, so my DH had a  CO clout credit card on his account, I sent a GW to the company( M&I Bank) as we have previously paid this account in full. In their reply for the GW, they stated they cannot do that, and informamtion needs to be reported fairly and accurately.... etc...

Well, I sent a DV, and now they say they dont own it, that it was sent to Bank of America over a year ago, and it is just signed "sincerely customer service"   not to mention, they opened the CMRRR, put their reply in the letter-reselaed it, and sent it back as "return to sender" and blacked out their address. So they sent it to me for free... which I thought was weird, and so did the Post office counterhelp...

Anyhoo, they now replied that they dont own it, but yet we paid THEM. And the only TL for this account is with them, whats my next course of action?

This whole thing seems weird to me.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Re: I Dv'ed, they say its sold, but they are only ones on CR....?

acissej323 wrote:
Ok, so my DH had a  CO clout credit card on his account, I sent a GW to the company( M&I Bank) as we have previously paid this account in full. In their reply for the GW, they stated they cannot do that, and informamtion needs to be reported fairly and accurately.... etc...

Well, I sent a DV, and now they say they dont own it, that it was sent to Bank of America over a year ago, and it is just signed "sincerely customer service"   not to mention, they opened the CMRRR, put their reply in the letter-reselaed it, and sent it back as "return to sender" and blacked out their address. So they sent it to me for free... which I thought was weird, and so did the Post office counterhelp...

Anyhoo, they now replied that they dont own it, but yet we paid THEM. And the only TL for this account is with them, whats my next course of action?

This whole thing seems weird to me.

That sounds awfully like what my favorite BLaw professor would have called "blatant fraud."

Defrauding the USPS out of $0.41?  Smells like mail fraud.  I'd be keeping that letter for future reference. 

"Future reference" is a euphemism, of course.

atlast
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird.........is it showing PIF on your CR?

I guess you could send a copy of their response to the CRA with a letter and ask for it to be deleted, since they don't own the account anymore.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will send a copy of the letter to the CR's, since they are so blatantly saying they dont own it anymore- but I have all documentation on my bank statements showing that is indeed who we paid.( so why would it be sold, we PIF)

I will also be bringng the letter to the main PO on monday, as I dont see how it was delievered and was able to be sent back as "return to sender" without a green card being signed for( it was torn off though)   This jsut all seems so fishy!!! I hate CA's!!!!!
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

The local PO says that you can not "return to sender" any package/envelope that has been opened.

The book club I belong to sent me some books that I forgot to declined, about the same time I ordered some books, after I opened, I realized what it was and wanted to tape shut and return and I had to repackage and pay shipping. UGH. Smiley Mad

Message Edited by sidewinder on 04-12-2008 09:15 PM
Message 5 of 13
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Is there an echo in here?  Can you say "mail fraud?"  If they did it to you, they've certainly done it to others.

Usually a nice and soft-spoken, if slightly NY'ish girl, I might find a way to morph that envelope into ...wait, that's aiding and abetting defrauding of the federal government.  Never mind.

Take it to the post office, let them file a complaint.  If I were in your shoes, I'd want the source documents to stay in my possession, though I'll bet that the post office will want them.

Perplexing.  I can't wait to hear what the USPS has to say.

atlast.....releishing the thought of a CA suffering a federal mail tampering/fraud lawsuit. 

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 04-13-2008 12:25 AM
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, they did in fact do that.. there is tape over the top of the letter, and the supervisor and the po customer service rep both advised me to go to the main PO. So they saw the letter before I opened it, and saw that it was taped across the top and chickenscratched all over thier own address. It wasnt until I opened it, that I realized they inserted their reply and sent it as return to sender... so yeah, it boggles my mind how they went about it, especially with something that was CMRRR, and the only delivery date showing up on usps.com is from me signing for it, for it being returned.... how does that happen, when they obviously received it? grrrrr

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I will let everyone know what happens after speaking with the PO on monday... I agree that it would be nice seeing a CA get into big trouble.
Message 8 of 13
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

You've got your receipt from the post office from when you sent the CMRRR.  You can track it at USPS.gov and find out what the disposition was and print out that sheet.

The only thing I've gotten back is "undeliverable" CMRRR and it arrived with the GC still attached to the back of the envelope.

GC gone, someone tampered.  I'm willing to bet that there is a postal carrier out there who has the information.

atlast....loving a good mystery, but sorry for your trouble
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still has not been answered-

Is the balance marked $0 on report (it should be if sold)

sidewinder wrote:
Weird.........is it showing PIF on your CR?

I guess you could send a copy of their response to the CRA with a letter and ask for it to be deleted, since they don't own the account anymore.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.