cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Finally have a clean credit report on all 3 bureaus!!!!

tag
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

I Finally have a clean credit report on all 3 bureaus!!!!

Just logged in today to my USAA credit monitoring and found out that my last derogatory item has finally dropped off. I had an old collection account from 2006 for about $320. I felt like the original charge was in error and I just let it go. They sent it to collections and they reported to my TU and EX files. This was way before I fully understood the ins and outs of credit reporting and how it would haunt me. In preparation for a mortgage in 2011 I had to pay it off as one of the conditions and they updated as paid but it lingered on my reports and mocked me.Smiley Embarassed It came off the EX report in January and off TU this month. I bought my TU FICO and my score went from 660 last month to 721 today.Smiley Very Happy I swear I will never let another derogatory land on my report as a matter of principal again. And I will do all in my power to ensure that no derogatory information occurs over which I have any control. Now I can look forward to eventually becoming a FICO high achiever. I have 3 new accounts in the last year and too high of utilization holding me back at the moment. But those are factors in my control and decisions on the new accounts were made with the educational knowledge that I have gained from these forums. One was a mortgage refinance and the other two were strategic credit decisions for the future.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: I Finally have a clean credit report on all 3 bureaus!!!!

Major happy dance!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 4
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Happy dance!!

Enjoy the feeling. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats on the clean reports! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.