Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I KNOW THIS IS A BK QUESTION!!!

tag
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

I KNOW THIS IS A BK QUESTION!!!

Please forgive me for posting here, but sometimes it takes a long time for someone to respond on the BK side.  If you have to move it that is fine, I just need someone to see it...  THanks

I have the following accounts that were IIB and these are the DOFD's on them.  Can I expect that 7 years from that date, these accounts will fall off, and how will they affect my score?

03/01   Amer. General
04/01   Bank of America
10/01   Equicredit   (this is a reaffirmed mortgage that was paid until it got sold to another company)
04/01   GEMB/JCPenney
04/01   HSBC-Direct Merchants Bank  

02/04   I also have one open collection from AFNI and I don't know if I should pay it or not.  I tried PFD with them and they never responded.
09/03  Paid collection from Asset Acceptance.  Should I goodwill this collection agency?

Sorry it's so long. 4-give me..

Hearts

Message Edited by Myhearts on 01-25-2008 08:53 AM

Message Edited by Myhearts on 01-25-2008 08:54 AM
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I KNOW THIS IS A BK QUESTION!!!

Yes- the IIB accounts should be getting deleted soon-
I would not expect much change in your score as there are still some baddies-

Myhearts wrote:
Please forgive me for posting here, but sometimes it takes a long time for someone to respond on the BK side.  If you have to move it that is fine, I just need someone to see it...  THanks

I have the following accounts that were IIB and these are the DOFD's on them.  Can I expect that 7 years from that date, these accounts will fall off, and how will they affect my score?

03/01   Amer. General
04/01   Bank of America
10/01   Equicredit   (this is a reaffirmed mortgage that was paid until it got sold to another company)
04/01   GEMB/JCPenney

02/04   I also have one open collection from AFNI and I don't know if I should pay it or not.  I tried PFD with them and they never responded.
09/03  Paid collection from Asset Acceptance.  Should I goodwill this collection agency?

Sorry it's so long. 4-give me..

Hearts

Message Edited by Myhearts on 01-25-2008 08:53 AM

Message Edited by Myhearts on 01-25-2008 08:54 AM

Message 2 of 7
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Tim.  Do you think I should pay this collection?  How will it affect my score?

I know it will update to show paid, so should I try to pfd Afni again?

Hearts
I can and will be a part of the 700 club this year, because I can do all things through Christ.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

03/01   Amer. General
04/01   Bank of America
04/01   GEMB/JCPenney

1) I would try disputing all the IIB accounts....4 of them will fall off within 2-3 months from now, so maybe they will take them off now.
2) Do NOT pay any of the others!   That will be money down the drain, as the CRA's will not remove it. The CA would need to report it, and I doubt they would.   I'd dispute these as well, say "not mine" to make the CA's verify.

In any event, you have no baddies newer than 4 years ago, so it shouldn't be hurting the score too much.  Of course, you must still have the public record of the bk in your public records section, right?
Message 4 of 7
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, I still have that bk, but that's okay because I won't have it and so many baddies on my report.  You know?  Just glad to start over.  My scores were very close to the 640-660 range til Comcast put a collection on my report and it looks like they are doing that to a lot of the posters on this forum.

How should I dispute the IIB accounts as too old to report?

Hearts

Message Edited by Myhearts on 01-25-2008 10:42 AM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dispute thru the mail to each of the 3 CRA's.  Do it through the mail, rather than online.  I have found, especially with TU and EQ, that they will sometimes just delete older items about to fall off rather than going through the hassle of the dispute process.   

I am sure there are example letters on this forum.   Someone should chime in with a link or where  you can find them.

Let us know how it goes.
Message 6 of 7
Myhearts
Frequent Contributor

Thanks, Boscoe.

hearts
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.