cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'M BACK - Now I got a Score Drop Question.

tag
MM1234
Regular Contributor

I'M BACK - Now I got a Score Drop Question.

Man - been working alot but today I have time check in and review some good posts. I like the NEW forums added too!

Ok - So and wanted to check all my scores. So I ordered all 3 score today. My EX and TU are the same but my EQ dropped 8 points. And I didnt get an alert. Hmmm.

I reviewed my last EQ Score Report ( from about 1 mo. ago ) and this NEW one and everything is the same. Same # of accounts, same history - everthings the same.

Since I have Zero Balances on all my Accounts are all the same as last time. The only thing I did get was CLIs for 2 cards. Those were done online and didnt need a Hard Pull.

I did have 1 Inquire on the last report but that didnt move my score then. Even tho it was on the last report can it hurt this report?

I was an AUTH. USER on a very old account but that was not showing up on the Last Report either. So not sure if that would make a difference from 1 month ago till today since the NEW FICO/Auth User rule is in place.

The only thing I can think of is since I dont use my Credit Cards, is that hurting me? I know about the 1-9% UTIL recommendation but was hoping it wouldnt hurt me with 8 points. I like not having any Balances but maybe I do need to charge a bit.

Any ideas what to look for? Thanks all!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: I'M BACK - Now I got a Score Drop Question.

MM1234 wrote:
The only thing I did get was CLIs for 2 cards. Those were done online and didnt need a Hard Pull.

Why didn't they need a hard pull?
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MM1234 wrote:
Man - been working alot but today I have time check in and review some good posts. I like the NEW forums added too!

Ok - So and wanted to check all my scores. So I ordered all 3 score today. My EX and TU are the same but my EQ dropped 8 points. And I didnt get an alert. Hmmm.

I reviewed my last EQ Score Report ( from about 1 mo. ago ) and this NEW one and everything is the same. Same # of accounts, same history - everthings the same.

Since I have Zero Balances on all my Accounts are all the same as last time. The only thing I did get was CLIs for 2 cards. Those were done online and didnt need a Hard Pull.

I did have 1 Inquire on the last report but that didnt move my score then. Even tho it was on the last report can it hurt this report?

I was an AUTH. USER on a very old account but that was not showing up on the Last Report either. So not sure if that would make a difference from 1 month ago till today since the NEW FICO/Auth User rule is in place.

The only thing I can think of is since I dont use my Credit Cards, is that hurting me? I know about the 1-9% UTIL recommendation but was hoping it wouldnt hurt me with 8 points. I like not having any Balances but maybe I do need to charge a bit.

Any ideas what to look for? Thanks all!!

Just charge for a cup of coffee or a lunch meal every month and pay it down (of course depending on how much your CL is).    Some of your spending that you do every month can go through your cards instead of using cash.  Then use that cash to pay down your cards. 
Message 3 of 5
MM1234
Regular Contributor

One was on AMEX and I just clicked the CLI button, enter in some info and it gives it to me. I've been doing this with them for years. The other one was a CITI CLI. I logged in and it said I was preapproved for a CLI without any report pull needed. So I clicked it. If they did require a Hard, it would have been on this report.

Im puzzled. But I read some reports that your score can flux so maybe next month it will be back up? Not likely. Something made it go down. Arrg!!
Message 4 of 5
MM1234
Regular Contributor

Yeah - Maybe I should use for small items or keep a 1% Balance on all cards for a few months and see how that works out. I just was thinking why 8 point drop for not using your cards. Penalized for not using credit?! Dag!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.