Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I OPTED OUT YEARS AGO & FORGOT!

tag
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

I OPTED OUT YEARS AGO & FORGOT!

> here's the story >     i'm doing my best to stay on topp of My Credit reports..  i'm going through each one Starting with trans union,   so i'm looking  & looking & looking & at the end of the report   >  it says > CREDIT REPORT MESS: > PROMOTIONAL OPT-OUT:     this file has been opted out of promotional lists supplied by Transunion. (Note: this opt-out has no expiration date)  >  WHAT!!!>?  WHEN !>/?  SINCE WHEN>?   WHEN DID I DO THIS>?   ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!>?  NO!.  so i opted in rite away this Morning, so easy to do >   just google promo opt in >   you'll find the link..  and you'll input your name Address phone # full social & date of birth...   it takes 5 days   & this will be good for all 3 CREDIT REPORTING AGENCYS!   > i was wondering why my roomate was getting all kinds of things in the Mail from lenders that would go rite in the shredder..   7 i would get Nothing! >  we've lived here for 8 years!   and i've gotten several Comenity cards by way of (SCT) but not 1 Visa pop up!>   and today...  it all comes back to me Mentally..   we lived in a diff city back in 2003 and i would get so much junk mail..   I NOW REMEMBER I OPTED OUT!   i was young, 31 maybe worked as a paralegal..  had several Credit cards  didn't want to be bothered with stuff..   fast forward almost 15 years later..(after a BK in 2009)  i forgot..  i want that junkMail..  because you get insane CREDIT CARD OFFERS!  OMG!>   i had no idea i was opted out.  >  here we go>.. www.optoutprescreen.com >everyone is diff  please check your status..  if not sure..  just go to the site..   & opt in..   no need to check your reports   i think u should be opted in!  >   i'm so so So Happy i found out before Christmas!

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
willwar14
Valued Contributor

Re: I OPTED OUT YEARS AGO & FORGOT!

Wrong section I think, but good for u! EDIT: sorry thought this was mainly for CL  or CLI approvals, my bad.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 2 of 8
fury1995
Valued Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

Wrong section I think, but good for u!

LOL..

OP's opt-in for credit card offers has been approved.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It appears this thread would be more beneficial to others in the General Credit Topics subforum since this isn't technically an approval or CLI topic. This simply informs individuals with opt-in preferences.
Message 4 of 8
bodyboy1
Established Contributor

>  thanks for your opinion.
@FinStar wrote:
It appears this thread would be more beneficial to others in the General Credit Topics subforum since this isn't technically an approval or CLI topic. This simply informs individuals with opt-in preferences.

Amazon 5K. AMEX PRG 35kPOT./AMEX MAG 15k. BARNEYS 28.7k. Banana. BAO. CITI Bestbuy/Bloomies 15k/Diamond/Thanku/Macy's 15k. Chase/Freedom. DiscoveriT 13.5K/Chrome. FRONTGATE 4K. Jetblue 5.7K. JCrew 7k. JCPenney 5k. Ring 10k. Sear's MC 11.3k. SAKS 5K SamsClub 10K. Target MC 8.4k. Walmart 6k. Wayfair 4.8k... be good to yourself!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me be one to say, the way you format your posts drives me nuts. Really???

Message 6 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Please use paragraphs.  It is difficult to read run on text like that.

@bodyboy1 wrote:

i forgot..  i want that junkMail..  because you get insane CREDIT CARD OFFERS! 

You can if your credit qualifies but don't rely solely on offers and don't just respond to offers.  Select cards that specifically suit you.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pretty sure they weren't planning on taking EVERY offer that came in lol.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.