Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I RECIEVED MY FIRST CREDIT CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I RECIEVED MY FIRST CREDIT CARD

wallet,
Thats a great start! Congrats! and welcome!

I remember i fell for those free stuff from citi if i applied for their card on campus few years ago. But i didn't know jack about credit until I was in too much trouble. I just got myself out of it last august and now trying to build it back up. This forum and knowledgeable helpful people will give your some really useful information to stay on top of your credit.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wallet wrote:
IM NEW TO ALL THIS BUT TODAY I RECIEVED MY FIRST CREDIT CARD FROM CITIBANK
WITH A CREDIT LIMIT OF 2500.00 ,

I WANT TO BUY A HOUISE WEN I HIT 25 YRS I AM NOW 20 WHAT CAN I DO TO GET A GOOD CREDIT SCORE, I DID NOT CHECK OUT MY SCORES YET

Message Edited by wallet on 07-24-2007 08:20 PM

Wallet congratulations!
Keep this in your head and you'll be fine:  1-9, on time, all the time
I'd wait 6-9 months or so and apply for another, this way you would have established payment history on the citibank card and it won't be reporting as new.  It would help you get better interest rates on other cards I think.

I admire your sense of responsibility, cause when I got my first CC, I think it was a Citibank Universal Card, in college, I headed straight to the mall and it only went downhill from there.  I think you'll be fine if you remember the 1-9 principle.

ATB!!!

-trini
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was the web site where you bought your Equifax Fico score? Was it Equifax.com or www.MyFico.com, or another place that sold you your Equifax Fico score? Different places have different scoring models. Such as a PFico model, ect. Thanks, just wondering.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Wallet and welcome to this forum - I'm sure there are all ages on here, don't forget about this place whenever you have questions.  It is awesome to see your interest in the future financially, I'm sure it wasn't easy to see your parents go through hard times; but you truly learned some valuable lessons I'm sure some of us could have used earlier onSmiley Happy

Best of Luck to you in all you do!
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

gratz on your new card
use it wisely

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.