Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Swear FICO IS A SCAM

tag
paramed3
Regular Contributor

I Swear FICO IS A SCAM

I have worked my behind off to get my credit higher and higher. I have about a 750 Depends on Credit Agency. I pay all my cards down to ZERO each month except one. Well this month they all hit zero on my report because I alternate cards and the one with a balance has not reported yet. It dropped by score 11 points cause I paid 3500 in credit cards down to ZERO. IS that bull of what. The balance card should report in a day or two but it will now only bring me back up to where I was. Don't give me the bracket crap I am one bracket off from the top in the Nation so I don't buy that. Everytime I have a complaint with Agencies I get that bracket crap. I tell you it's a scam to keep you doing this and buying scores. I am about to stop pay my bills like I always do keep my utilization under 10% and forget this FICO CHASING. This is stupid for a grown man to do. Waste of money I could be using elsewhere. Its the same ole crap every month some reason it dropped oh oh and by magic when they all report its right back where it was like they did me a favor. I have like 724, 750 and 760 with 3 credit agencies true FICO but that 800 just can't be reached for some reason. All I want is equifax the 724 to hit 760. They are the ones that seem to be the worse at this. I am goind to enjoy life and my credit and stop this non sense of FICO CHASING it really makes no sense. YES pay your bills keep your debt down but to Chase this. NO. 

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: I Swear FICO IS A SCAM

The best thing to do is ignore scores and just make sure the report looks nice. I do think it silly that you're "punished" for not having balances or having "too many". Kind of danged if you do and danged if you don't. I have about six or so cards reporting a balance and the last score I got was 724, but I got a decent limit, so the score is not important. Any person with a brain can look at a report and determine that a person isn't over extending themselves just because a few cards report a balance.

Message 2 of 33
paramed3
Regular Contributor

Its really crazy I have 5 cards total with 15000 in limit and pay all down this month work the entire month to make sure if I charge anything I come home and pay it just to set it up to show one card with 6%, Well the day before the drop my score went up one point then the next day down 11 as the zero hit but last months zero on other card was still showing so all cards have a zero balance. Today or tomorrow the balance card with hit with 150.00 out of 2000. What will I get ? the 11 points back hopefully. I worked on this all month like every month just to see this crap and it just so aint worth it. Not I am not going to forget it but putting this sort of effort in it anymore NOWAY. I am going to keep using them and keep utlization at less than 10 always and forget chasing that score. Its really a scam from the agencies they are like begging you to buy some type of product from them these days and trying to scare you into idenity fraud products. 

Starting FICO Score 2007: >> >> 533 -- God those were some Dark Days !!
Current >>>> 9-29-15 - (Experian 800 FICO-8 - (Equifax 798) - ( Transunion 808 )FICO Goals: 820-830 For all 3 or above
Ultimate Fico 850 x 3 Even if for a week Just to say I crawled out of the sewer and trust me it was the pits. I could not borrow a cent
Message 3 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Don't worry about scores unless you are applying for something.  Really that simple.  This forum encourages too much behavior in the other direction.   Scores and utilization don't matter until you apply, and you can fix utilization-related issues the month before application.    The rest of the time, if you don't need to carry a balance, set all your cards to pay in full on payment due date and be done.

Message 4 of 33
plasectomy
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Don't worry about scores unless you are applying for something.  Really that simple.  This forum encourages too much behavior in the other direction.   Scores and utilization don't matter until you apply, and you can fix utilization-related issues the month before application.    The rest of the time, if you don't need to carry a balance, set all your cards to pay in full on payment due date and be done.

+1

The whole 0% vs 1% utilization score change is the FICO system wanting to make sure you can actively manage debt while in it. Dont think you got tricked. FICO is a business and we're choosing to play their game.

Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master.
Message 5 of 33
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree with the other poster unless you are getting ready to apply for a mortgage your 720+ is tier 1 with everyone (really pretty much even with mortgages too) so why worry about your score daily... just pay things as you go and you will be just fine.

Message 6 of 33
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@paramed3 wrote:

I have worked my behind off to get my credit higher and higher. I have about a 750 Depends on Credit Agency. I pay all my cards down to ZERO each month except one. Well this month they all hit zero on my report because I alternate cards and the one with a balance has not reported yet. It dropped by score 11 points cause I paid 3500 in credit cards down to ZERO. IS that bull of what. The balance card should report in a day or two but it will now only bring me back up to where I was. Don't give me the bracket crap I am one bracket off from the top in the Nation so I don't buy that. Everytime I have a complaint with Agencies I get that bracket crap. I tell you it's a scam to keep you doing this and buying scores. I am about to stop pay my bills like I always do keep my utilization under 10% and forget this FICO CHASING. This is stupid for a grown man to do. Waste of money I could be using elsewhere. Its the same ole crap every month some reason it dropped oh oh and by magic when they all report its right back where it was like they did me a favor. I have like 724, 750 and 760 with 3 credit agencies true FICO but that 800 just can't be reached for some reason. All I want is equifax the 724 to hit 760. They are the ones that seem to be the worse at this. I am goind to enjoy life and my credit and stop this non sense of FICO CHASING it really makes no sense. YES pay your bills keep your debt down but to Chase this. NO. 

Take a deep breath.  It's 11 points.  Nobody is even going to notice.  Life goes on.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 7 of 33
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

+1 I would drive myself crazy trying to chase after a moving target.  Just follow the primary principles and you'll be fine. 

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 8 of 33
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

+1 I would drive myself crazy trying to chase after a moving target.  Just follow the primary principles and you'll be fine. 

+100

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 9 of 33
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@Uppingmyscore wrote:

+100

Yea, I don't worry about my score until I am a couple months away from applying for an auto loan. Until then I just PIF and let my AAoA get older.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.