Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I asked Chase when they reported - and they gave me a snarky answer

tag
hapagrrl
Regular Contributor

I asked Chase when they reported - and they gave me a snarky answer

I'm cutting and pasting, to make sure I give an accurate account here:  So, I asked, via secured email from my online account: 

"I understand that you report to the credit bureaus each month -- can you please tell me on what date of the month you report to the 3 major credit bureaus?"

And they responded with:

"Since Chase is not a credit bureau, please contact the credit bureaus directly to obtain a copy of your credit report. You can request a free copy of your credit report at www.annualcreditreport.com to review." (emphasis mine)..and they proceed to give me the address to the three bureaus..

**bleep**, Chase?   Anyway, so now I'm coming here - as I should've done in the first place: when does Chase report?

Starting Score, 2011: TU 635, EQ 637, EX/FAKO 538
2014 (mortgage broker pull): TU 670, EQ 669, EX 674
2017 FICO 8: TU 730, EQ 732, EX 738 - Finally made the 700 club!
2021 FICO 8: TU 693 EQ 705 EX 690
I only have four cards, so not worth showing. $15,600 total CL.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I asked Chase when they reported - and they gave me a snarky answer

There's isn't a fixed day of the month for all cardholders that Chase reports to the three credit bureaus.  Rather, Chase reports on the day that your statement prints (or possibly the following day).  In this Chase's policy is the same as most CC issuers -- most of them report the statement balance and do so around the time the statement is generated.

Additionally, Chase will also report in the middle of a statement cycle if you bring your balance down to $0.  In which case the amount they report is $0.   The majority off CC issuers do not do this, but Chase does.

If you are curious about what date a particular credit card is reporting to the bureaus, just pull your report, and it should say on the report.  Karma is a good free tool for both EQ and TU and it will show the Date Reported for any of your cards.  

Message 2 of 11
hapagrrl
Regular Contributor

Very good info - thank you! I did zero it out, so I'm hoping they will, indeed report that sooner than the 22nd (date of my statements). Thank you again!

Starting Score, 2011: TU 635, EQ 637, EX/FAKO 538
2014 (mortgage broker pull): TU 670, EQ 669, EX 674
2017 FICO 8: TU 730, EQ 732, EX 738 - Finally made the 700 club!
2021 FICO 8: TU 693 EQ 705 EX 690
I only have four cards, so not worth showing. $15,600 total CL.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called Chase about this the other day, I was told that they report on the 23rd of every month... dont know how true this is as of yet...

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called Chase about this the other day, I was told that they report on the 23rd of every month... dont know how true this is as of yet...

You were likely told that because you have a Chase card that has a statement date around that time each month.  Scroll up earlier in the thread and you'll see where I explain how this actually works.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

tldr: same answer as above.

due date + 3 days = statement/report date
examples:
due on 10/6 reports on 10/9
due on 10/21 reports on 10/24

-and-

ime, whenever you pay it down to zero balance, it reports.

Message 6 of 11
AllCredit
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

tldr: same answer as above.

due date + 3 days = statement/report date
examples:
due on 10/6 reports on 10/9
due on 10/21 reports on 10/24

-and-

ime, whenever you pay it down to zero balance, it reports.

This is accurate for me as well!

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the above example "due date +3 days..." When should I expect it to show up on MyFico? My payment was due on the 11th, statement dropped on 10/14. I signed up for MyFico today to verify payment posted prior to moving forward with a mortgage application and the payment has not posted yet. It's been 5 days since payment due date and 2 days since my statement dropped. Is this normal? Its for a Chase card. From what I can see on here and on credit karma, my chase card is showing that it reported on the 15th of last month.

Message 8 of 11
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

I usually see the bureau updates about 3 days after my Statement cuts or about 3 days after I pay my balance in full with Chase.   Those timelines are using the Experian 3 bureau paid service.  I have noticed that MyFICO doesn't show the updates as quickly though.  MyFICO usually picks up on the changes 5-7 days after statements cut.

Good luck on the mortgage!

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thank you so much for your reply! You mentioned you see the bureau updates 3 days after your statement cuts. How do you see that? Do you pull your credit reports every month? I'm hoping I don't have to wait those 5 to 7 days you mentioned for me to verify through MyFico that my payments have been reported. Thank you!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.