Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I blame MyFICO forums for this disaster

On a brighter note, late payments on credit card bills dropped in the first quarter to 4.41 percent. That was down from 4.56 percent in the fourth quarter and was the best showing in nearly a year.

"The improvement in credit card late payments is somewhat remarkable, given that the economy was not operating on all cylinders," Chessen said.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: I blame MyFICO forums for this disaster

Obviously this has to do with global warming.
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

"The improvement in credit card late payments is somewhat remarkable, given that the economy was not operating on all cylinders," Chessen said.

Still a lot of not so good news.

Late payments on home equity loans climbed to a 1 1/2-year high in the opening quarter of this year, while delinquencies on credit card bills fell, painting a mixed picture of how people are managing their debt.
"There are still signs of consumer financial distress, which will continue throughout most of this year as the worst of the housing problem works its way through the economy," said James Chessen, the association's chief economist.
The survey also showed that the delinquency rate on a composite of other types of consumer loans, including those for autos and boats, home improvement and for certain home equity loans, increased to 2.42 percent in the first quarter.

Putting on my pinhead hat, I'd say there's actually a lot of really bad news here. People are paying their CCs ontime, which could mean they are simply staving off defaulting on them while defaulting on homes and cars.

Sadly this ain't the MyFico Effect.

Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I was trying to get some good new out of the bad, especially as I might have to sell a house in the near future :smileysad:
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

My wife is a teacher and the summer months are always the hardest $ wise.

As my Electric bills get close to $400 a month and the cash flow is lower.
it reminds me to go on that darn "even payment" plan. errr.

I use 3 month cash flow projections in MS Money - I can see any problems coming.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+