Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't believe it worked! i am in awwww

tag
momof2
Frequent Contributor

I can't believe it worked! i am in awwww

So i was in a car accident in 03, letters were mailed to all collectors wether oc or ca that they can put a lien on my settlement and be paid 1st then i would get the balance, in return they couldnt report anything to my CR's, well 1CA did anyways. So after finding this site and getting LOTS of help, i sent a letter to the CA asking them to verify that the check mailed to them for pymt was made out to the CA as the payee and they had 15 days to respond and 10 days to delete if they couldnt prove. that letter was mailed on 4/8, well i know they couldnt prove they were paid cause my lawyer mailed me a compy of the check that was paid to the OC NOT the CA, so i got a letter in the mail today, it says

to whom it may concern,

this acct was PIF on 1/9/04. the records show that $1294.00 has been paid. the account will be DELETED from all CRA's.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact me at this office.

the rep didnt sign the letter though only typed her name.
yippiee..... doing the happy dance here.

just 1 question since i stated that they had 10 days to delete, does that mean they have 10 days from the day they got my letter or 10 days from their letter sent to me?  Needless to say i didnt specific  business or calender days. just asking so i know when to expect an alert from SW.

thanks for all your advice on the issue i had with this CA
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I can't believe it worked! i am in awwww

I would expect a delete quick- Congrats.
Message 2 of 4
momof2
Frequent Contributor

tim-----   do you know about how many point increase I should see? the DOFD was in 4/2003 but CA is reporting on CR as date opened reported since 9/03 and last reported 1/04. Or cause of the age will the score be minimal?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats momof2....there is no way to tell about points as there is way too much going one 24/7
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.