Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have SSN but there is an SSN on my credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have SSN but there is an SSN on my credit report

Hey guys, I don't have a social but I do have 3 year credit history from BofA cash rewards credit card. 

Then I started to apply for other credits such as AmEx and they approved me without SSN. I can even order credit report based on the documentation I provided (ID stuff...). I found it so weird that I had a SSN (masked) listed on all of my credit reports but it only gave me the last 4 digits. I thought it was a mistake.

However, I recently found a negative collection item on my credit report from Experian and TransUnion. While I tried to dispute them, they require me to provide SSN. And all of three bureaus asked me to provide SSN in order to dispute. 

So, guys, in this case, what should I do? 

I contacted TU and EX to retrieve full disclosure of my SSN on file but they declined to do so unless I could provide SSN card. And I was asked to go to social security administration office, they didnt let me in if I obtain no SSN card. This is a so awkward situation that I do not know what should I do. 

Any suggestions, tips will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't have SSN but there is an SSN on my credit report

I would think you'd want to call the bureaus and explain that you have no SSN, assuming you only have an ITIN or other tax ID #. They may ask for that instead. Numbers to call can be found by in another thread. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: I don't have SSN but there is an SSN on my credit report

Call the Social Security Admin and request a letter stating that they do not have an SSN on record for your name.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.