Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't understand TrueCredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand TrueCredit

Why is TrueCredit so slow updating things? I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or does it really take this long? I paid one of my cards down a lot on 6/24 and it still doesn't show the right balance a month later. And like all my balances are wrong on there. I subscribe to ScoreWatch too and I got an alert the other day about one of my balances changing and it made my score go up but it never did change on TrueCredit. Is it like this for everyone else?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I don't understand TrueCredit

I have only been having SW and TC for the past month, but I've noticed that my TC alerts come 24 hours after my SW alerts almost to the minute.  I don't know if it's like this for everyone, but I hope this helps.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

well there must be something wrong with mine then. I got a SW alert on 7/18 and still have never got anything from TC.
Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

April0507 wrote:
Why is TrueCredit so slow updating things? I'm just wondering if I'm doing something wrong or does it really take this long? I paid one of my cards down a lot on 6/24 and it still doesn't show the right balance a month later. And like all my balances are wrong on there. I subscribe to ScoreWatch too and I got an alert the other day about one of my balances changing and it made my score go up but it never did change on TrueCredit. Is it like this for everyone else?

When is your statement usually cut for that CC and which CC is it?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC reports what the CRA passes along.

Are you updating your reports? Keep in mind that TC is not self-updating.

When you look at your reports on TC, what is the date at the top?

Just in case you need to know, when viewing your reports or scores, look to the right. In that list of items there is one that says "update reports" or "update scores". Click that and follow the steps.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

The card is an Ebay Mastercard and I get my statements on the 12th of every month.  But wow, I had no idea about having to update it myself. The credit report date is 07/05. I just clicked on update for the first time and it said that I had already updated. There was only one change. My american express card was reporting a $0 balance and then finally the other day it changed to $170 but I've had more than that on there for a long time but it only said $170. So, does this mean that I'll have to wait until 08/05 for my ebay card to update the balance? And I'll have to click on update report every month right? Thanks for all your help with this!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can update your TC report every 24 hours.  They will send you an alert by email whenever there is a change to one of your reports.  This is when I usually update mine.
Message 7 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
The card is an Ebay Mastercard and I get my statements on the 12th of every month. But wow, I had no idea about having to update it myself. The credit report date is 07/05. I just clicked on update for the first time and it said that I had already updated. There was only one change. My american express card was reporting a $0 balance and then finally the other day it changed to $170 but I've had more than that on there for a long time but it only said $170. So, does this mean that I'll have to wait until 08/05 for my ebay card to update the balance? And I'll have to click on update report every month right? Thanks for all your help with this!

You can click on it every 24 hours + 1 minute.

For others with the same question (believe me, you're not the first), pull up your current report and look on the right, under "Related Items." You'll see a link to update your report there. You have to jump through some hoops, but click and enter things, and it will update for you.

The more stuff you have on your reports, the longer it takes. You get to watch the 5 blinking circles, which is fun the first half dozen times or so. Smiley Tongue

edit to add: for the first time ever, in the 9 months or so that I've had TC, it got hung up on me last week. It kept saying that I had updated within the last 24 hours, even though the report was dated several days before. I called CS, got a great CSR (yes! really!), no language problems; she had me go through it again and tell her exactly what it said, and told me that it should be resolved within 12 hours. And it was.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 07-26-2008 09:29 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks guys! that helps alot!!  So, I can log into TC whenever, I just can't update the reports more than once every 24 hours +1 minute? Or can I not even log in more than once every 24 hours?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

April0507 wrote:
ok, thanks guys! that helps alot!!  So, I can log into TC whenever, I just can't update the reports more than once every 24 hours +1 minute? Or can I not even log in more than once every 24 hours?

You can log in as often as you'd like, but you can only update your reports (refresh them with current data from the CRAs) every 24 hours + 1 minute.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.