Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel like I'm insane...help needed!

tag
Minnie
Contributor

I feel like I'm insane...help needed!

Ughhh! I have a paid off car lease from US Bank that I have two 30-day lates on from 2006 and 2005. I made my final payment in November of 2007, but it is still showing as currently 30 days late on TU and Experian. I disputed with TU, and it came back as now currently 60 days late with a zero balance!!! What to do?? Help! Thanks. I am getting quite discouraged with this one....
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I feel like I'm insane...help needed!

Have you contacted US Bank directly? Perhaps it's a coding error that can be fixed by speaking with a supervisor...
Message 2 of 9
Minnie
Contributor

I did. I did not ask to speak with a supervisor. The person I spoke to was HOSTILE, and insisted that currently 30 days late was correct if I was EVER late....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well you could do this a couple of ways. You could start by calling them again and speaking with a supervisor and asking them to explain the policy and request that they fix it. If that doesn't work, I would then suggest a posting to Planetfeedback.com. USBank will likely take hits to their reputation a little more seriously than others. You can write a letter to the CEO on the site and see what they have to say about it. I've never had to try it yet, but I've read success stories on this board. Keep at it and good luck.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minnie-

I had one as well and tried for months to have corrected.   I finally emailed the credit bureaus directly and they removed it immediately.  (Within the hour)
Message 5 of 9
Minnie
Contributor

Could you share the e-mail addresses you used? Or did you just use the e-mail address from the website? Thanks!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Minnie-

Just google the email addresses:   @equifax.com   or  @transunion.com  and you will come up with an address.     Email that person explaining your problem and they will forward your email along to the appropriate person and they will contact you.
Message 7 of 9
Minnie
Contributor

Thanks! I'll give it a try.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had good luck with going up the food chain. The people higher up are usually more professional and much easier to work with. Keep going up until you get it resolved. If you still don't get it resolved after a couple levels, then type up a letter, sign it and and mail direct to the CEO. They can take a couple of weeks to get back to you, but they will. And you will most likely get the results you want. Be sure to put as much information, documenting phone calls, etc. When I have been hassled by a fault by a company, then I have asked for additional compensation. Be clear and state what you want.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.