Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I feel so mislead (AMEX)

tag
wrw0010
New Contributor

I feel so mislead (AMEX)

I received my Amex Delta Sky Miles card today and everything I've been told about Amex on this site turned out to be wrong.

I was told that they could not change the type of card I have. They said they could only allow me to apply for the other card I wanted (Amex Blue Sky) and give me a response on that. I then asked if they would use the credit report they had already pulled and they said no they would do another pull.

I then asked about a CLI and they said that they can not do those for 30 days.

What gives? Are you all employees of Delta that have hornswoggled me into getting the skymiles card?

Message Edited by wrw0010 on 10-02-2007 04:31 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I feel so mislead (AMEX)

it took some a couple of csr's to get converted. i think the concensous was that if you used the term "product change" it went smoother, and i've (as well as others) posted up the 30 day after receiving the card before attempting a cli. seems that's a recent thing, about mid year that may be why you've seen conflicting posts. hope this helps.

oh, and by the way dw does work for delta so she refuses to let me upgrade to the blue cash. i guess it's a status thing with the coworkers.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I can say is I like my Delta card. I've only had it about 3 months but I went from a 1k limit to 2.5k the first month and now 5k. I plan on trying for 10k this month and letting it alone for a while.

I use the card almost daily and their service to me has only been outstanding. I hope you feel the same way in a couple months too. Give them a chance.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

you know it's been said many times, but no matter what the card the amex csr's seem to be "happy" to talk to you. it just feels good speaking to someone whe seems like they actually like thier job, and go out of thier way make sure your satisfied.
Message 4 of 8
wrw0010
New Contributor

Well, I got a guy on the phone who knew how to convert but unfortunately Amex Blue Sky was not one of my options. I really wanted the any-airline miles as opposed to the Delta-only. Oh well, I'll stick with what I have.

I really was being a little dramatic to liven up the board.

BTW, I agree that everyone I've taked to seems to be unusually good natured.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

AmEx is great to their cardholders but a nightmare for merchants (at least when I had my merchant account and the application was 25 pages!).  They also held payments for 3 business days on electronic submissions (MC/V/DC/CB was next business day transfer).  They did give me a rate reduction after my first year though (not one chargeback).

Just be aware of the trials that the merchant goes thru to be able to accept AmEx - they are really offering a service to you.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your CL?? Because I had a delta gold and converted to blue sky on my second call.
Message 7 of 8
Eric958
Established Contributor

I just converted the other day {as posted} Used the phase "product change" and it worked with the first csr I spoke with.

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.