cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I finally made the A team with TU but.........

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

I finally made the A team with TU but.........

So my Vantage score finally went above 900 on TU which is supposedly the super prime range....my TU FICO is 738, my CK FAKO is 685, and a Credit One FAKO is 663, the Capital One FAKO is the same as the CK score.    All of these scores are based on the TU data.  Lo and behold it seems that more and more lenders are/have developed their own proprietary scoring model with still another score.  My question is, is the famed FICO becoming an obsolete scoring model these days being used less by lenders......if so what is consumers suppose to believe.   More lenders are becoming less sensitive to inquiries.....in my case recent approvals by Diner's Club and NASA CU proves this as far as I'm concerned.   I imagine the same is true for the other two CRA's.  I know my Ex FICO is 746, the EX model score is 739 which is close, my EQ FICO is 727 which FICO rates as "very good" whereas my EQ site score is only 658 which is rated "fair" ........quite a discrepancy as far as I am concerned.  Anybody else with similar issues?   The bottom line is what good are scores anymore?  This may be in the wrong forum but since credit card issuance was based a lot on the score I posted here.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Re: I finally made the A team with TU but.........

You might want to post in the "Understanding FICO Scoring" board for the best information.  Good luck!

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.