Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I give up. FRUSTRATED!

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

I give up. FRUSTRATED!

I just applied for wamu card and of course I was denied. I give up. No on will give me credit and I don't understand what it is I need to do. I spent the last 4 months cleaning up my cr which except for the paid collection on equ they are completely clean and I still can't get any credit. all I'm getting is "we're very sorry we are unable to grant you credit at this time"
Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55
sl
Established Contributor

Re: I give up. FRUSTRATED!

What are your FICO scores? Also what reason did they give you?
Message 2 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

they didn't give me a reason just said "we are very sorry.......blah, blah, blah"

tu 668
exp 656
equ 663

again - no badies on any of my cr except equ which has a paid collection. all I have is 2 tl and that seems to be my problem - to short of a history BUT how can I get history if no one will give me a F%$^*)& credit card. I just updated exp and that is what they pulled.
Message 3 of 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you quoting FICO scores or FAKO scores?
Message 4 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

fico - I know that FAKO don't count. I don't even pay attention to those score. I'm getting my score from this website and they are current at 6/5/07
Message 5 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Message Edited by ktl55 on 06-07-2007 07:04 PM
Message 6 of 56
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Wamu's not the only fish in the sea, darlin'!  Don't give up.  Please!  I've been re-establishing for the better part of two years now -- according to my recent credit history, anyway -- and Wamu was the last card I received, and came with half the credit limit I expected, and O well.  Don't be discouraged, just keep plugging away!  Here's the list of credit I received and in the order I received it, beginning with scores in the very, very low  600s.

1.  First Premier
                 2.  Home Depot
                 3.  Capital One
                 4.  Target (after having been turned down by them a few times.)
                 5.  BOA
                 6.  Wamu

Two years it took me for a Wamu.  Bait your hook and go after another fish!
Message 7 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

if I keep applying for cards then history won't be the denial reason anymore to many hard inquires will. I don't want to keep getting dings to my cr and not have a freaking cc to show for it. <tears>
Message 8 of 56
fused
Moderator Emeritus

ktl55 wrote:
if I keep applying for cards then history won't be the denial reason anymore to many hard inquires will. I don't want to keep getting dings to my cr and not have a freaking cc to show for it.

Which bureau did they pull from?
Message 9 of 56
ktl55
Regular Contributor

exp - which has nothing on it - 2 tl's this is the only report that cap1 isn't reporting too. I have 1 cc with a $400 limit and my sl - both are paid as agreed/NEVER late - my credit history goes back to 2001 which is my sl - I only got my cc in 2005 - I'm 38 years old and this chase card is the ONLY  cc I've every had in my life. my cr is 5 pages long - i pulled my husband last night and it was 32 pages - I guess I understand now what it means to have a thin file.
Message 10 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.