Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got served!

tag
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I got served!

My Friend Got Served! The thing is, she was served @ her old address. She did not receive the proper notice. And I found out this "case" via CT small claim court. Any advice? I understand that this can impact her credit report further. Is there something that we can do to avoid it being recorded or reported? She missed the due date and answer date, obviously!

Message Edited by TryingVeryHard on 02-09-2008 05:32 PM

Message Edited by TryingVeryHard on 02-09-2008 06:59 PM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I got served!

You might want to edit and delete your friend's full name and county of residence on a public message board. Smiley Surprised
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My girlfriend was served BUT not........someone put it under the door  no one was home. She told me that she call & was told that she had to sign for it so it was not served.    CALL the AGs office and be sure   this is just what I was told    I, TG, have never been served....BUT  it has to be a licensed Ct. attorney....a CA can not file.

You can call as her    I think that they might ask if she left a forwarding address & when did she move......if it was awhile ago forward address wouldn't matter.......Im only guessing here!!!!

what is her DOLA?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-09-2008 06:46 PM
Message 3 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

I am not sure if the CA is the one who filed the suit. I am thinking that it may be the OC.

DOLA is last year.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They prob. got an attorney from here to filw.......call the AG  and ask about service....Never signed ...wasn't living there and only found out because a friend say the notice listed with the court!

SOL will be from last year.....when was DOFD?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-10-2008 12:48 AM
Message 5 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

DOFD i believe is still on. It was an account from 2006 - 2007.
Message 6 of 7
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

bump
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.