Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate EQ

tag
Boonie
Frequent Contributor

I hate EQ

I applied for a loan with NFCU who pulled EQ.  NFCU could not get my EQ report, so I caled EQ and they told me NFCU pulled it.  I explained that is not so.  EQ basically couldn't do anything for me.  I tried buying my EQ report online and it failed.  I called EQ and a customer service rep had to request it for me.  But, NFCU would not accept a report I bought from EQ.  Anyway, NFCU pulled my TU and approved the loan anyway.  

My credit file is pretty large and from reading this forum, I suspect it was split, or too large for the EQ systems.  There is definitely something going on at EQ.

So then I tried ordering credit monitoring services thru EQ and "failure."  I called EQ and nobody could explain.  One EQ off-shore call center rep said my credit score was too low to get the monitoring service (?) to which I about exploded.   I kept calm and advised the EQ rep that there are no score requirements to purchase credit monitoring services.  I obviously asked for his manager, who was of no help.  The manager said it was reported to Tech Support, who has not contacted me.   EQ appears to care less about resolving my EQ report issue.  I had prior issues with EQ last year and do not believe it was ever truly resolved, so I filed a BBB complaint today.  Will see if it finally gets corrected.  I am not backing down until EQ corrects this.

04/10/17 - FICO 8s - EX 769, EQ 710, TU 724
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: I hate EQ

Sorry for all your troubles with EQ, but at least, you were approved for the loan.  Congrats!

Hope everything get resolved with EQ quickly.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.