cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 10k to use...What do I pay off?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: I have 10k to use...What do I pay off?

@_andClimbing wrote:
I was under the impression that the messages - Closed by consumer vs. Closed by credit grantor - had no impact on FICO scoring, and were only considered in manual reviews. Am I mistaken?

No, you're correct. These don't enter the scoring formula at all.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 34
ready13
New Contributor

i kept trying to raise my credit by doing the whole charge amount and paying it off fully every month but..... that stinks if trying to raise score more significantly and trying to fully work your credit strengths. So I ended up taking advise from everyone here and on how to raise the scores each month. I tried different ones= THEY ALL WORKED NICELYat that!!!!Hooray... you should try reading up on raises and see what you feel comfortable trying or makes sense to you. I did have 2 accounts and so I ran them up a bit and then started paying them down while increasing slightly to my credit line at a consistent rate throughout the one year you must keep your new credit clean to establish the foundation with the credit bureaus the bank the determination of the aftermath of the year with my secured credit card. Anyhow funny that my mixed faulty score from ...bureau turned out to be the one who gave me the chance 1 year ago and allowed me to apply and get 2 accounts WF and VS!!????anyhow so you should : 1. prepare for your long term with the fixing of the credit and allow yourself enough time to reach your goal by the time you get to where you want to go you will see all the time the work the effort you put into doing what you wanted so quickly to fix which is impossible...i think you gotta feel it to own it to know what it really means, what its really about and value it not throw it away and spend it as if it will always be there. It will, if you prepare yourself and make the responsible moves of someone who wants credit and likes having good credit whenever they want it , but wont ever if hardly use it..... because owing someone anyone is a way for them to be overbearing - to have the right to call over you and determine your future without you having full control of your ideas or wants. I paid down some trying different things and then I factored in when I wanted to do this goal of mine when i would factor a high enough score which i determined about 8 months ago i wrote it down and then i did it and hit my marks as proof my statements from bank and from the credit monitoring and the old book i calculated on. I then made sure i would pay the credit cards off fully at the same time one month prior to applying for credit so it showed on my credit monitoring and would show for sure on my pull i also asked the places to supply me with a present letter showing my 0$balance seeing as i must always feel the consistent pressure of "he said "she said but in another way bigger ways as if i constantly need to say prove anything to companies etc. and so i back myself up since so young and others so not as fully capable that i may have consistent proof of all my ideas moves thoughts goals etc. although i piece them off so only i can see my abilities my strengths and where i need to improve as i am a child of generation X" nothing to prove dont care what anybody says and will make it seem that i have no aspiration no goals no self confidence because the truth lies in those that back you up however the big picture is now - with your potential as the only promise of better things to come and their guidance. Everyone else is not worthy of me or any of my qualities and i will never waste my time as i am a fair individual and i demand respect to get respect no other way around it. When you get down to about 200 on each account then calculate consolidation by the way....... if it better suits you, and if you have by then a better chance to qualify for it, im sure your attempts and your effort will show after all the debt you have to pay down but definately truly possible..... and do-able !!!Smiley Wink so try going from one to another but pay the one that is higher on interest , i did this and at the end i got antsy and of course left room for me to miss and make mistakes--HELLO!! but not like im gonna tell it to anybody else until now i guess but yeah then work on rest paying down the booboo interest is the pits i was stuck on 150 went up to 220 and the "why" is too late then buddy and if is or is not is where its at now so you gotta figure it out and see why why why the numbers go up why they drop how they drop to calculate accurately to pay enough to make a substantial change in the account or else it seems that you dont get anywhere.. If i knew credit was this easy to familiarize with i would have done it loooong ago..not scared no more but still not doing whats not in my best interest so i move very slowly i like weighing all my options first shopping around for EVERYTHING and i want to know how to do it bask in it before making my choices because then i can confidently take steps that will affect the rest of my life... but no one tells you how to get establish credit other than a close friend or significant other only things i have read on or heard of ever because the trust has to be there....LOL         if have any questions let me know how i can help goodluck read posts they WORK!!!!!YAY

Message 32 of 34
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@ready13 wrote:

i kept trying to raise my credit by doing the whole charge amount and paying it off fully every month but..... that stinks if trying to raise score more significantly and trying to fully work your credit strengths. So I ended up taking advise from everyone here and on how to raise the scores each month. I tried different ones= THEY ALL WORKED NICELYat that!!!!Hooray... you should try reading up on raises and see what you feel comfortable trying or makes sense to you. I did have 2 accounts and so I ran them up a bit and then started paying them down while increasing slightly to my credit line at a consistent rate throughout the one year you must keep your new credit clean to establish the foundation with the credit bureaus the bank the determination of the aftermath of the year with my secured credit card. Anyhow funny that my mixed faulty score from ...bureau turned out to be the one who gave me the chance 1 year ago and allowed me to apply and get 2 accounts WF and VS!!????anyhow so you should : 1. prepare for your long term with the fixing of the credit and allow yourself enough time to reach your goal by the time you get to where you want to go you will see all the time the work the effort you put into doing what you wanted so quickly to fix which is impossible...i think you gotta feel it to own it to know what it really means, what its really about and value it not throw it away and spend it as if it will always be there. It will, if you prepare yourself and make the responsible moves of someone who wants credit and likes having good credit whenever they want it , but wont ever if hardly use it..... because owing someone anyone is a way for them to be overbearing - to have the right to call over you and determine your future without you having full control of your ideas or wants. I paid down some trying different things and then I factored in when I wanted to do this goal of mine when i would factor a high enough score which i determined about 8 months ago i wrote it down and then i did it and hit my marks as proof my statements from bank and from the credit monitoring and the old book i calculated on. I then made sure i would pay the credit cards off fully at the same time one month prior to applying for credit so it showed on my credit monitoring and would show for sure on my pull i also asked the places to supply me with a present letter showing my 0$balance seeing as i must always feel the consistent pressure of "he said "she said but in another way bigger ways as if i constantly need to say prove anything to companies etc. and so i back myself up since so young and others so not as fully capable that i may have consistent proof of all my ideas moves thoughts goals etc. although i piece them off so only i can see my abilities my strengths and where i need to improve as i am a child of generation X" nothing to prove dont care what anybody says and will make it seem that i have no aspiration no goals no self confidence because the truth lies in those that back you up however the big picture is now - with your potential as the only promise of better things to come and their guidance. Everyone else is not worthy of me or any of my qualities and i will never waste my time as i am a fair individual and i demand respect to get respect no other way around it. When you get down to about 200 on each account then calculate consolidation by the way....... if it better suits you, and if you have by then a better chance to qualify for it, im sure your attempts and your effort will show after all the debt you have to pay down but definately truly possible..... and do-able !!!Smiley Wink so try going from one to another but pay the one that is higher on interest , i did this and at the end i got antsy and of course left room for me to miss and make mistakes--HELLO!! but not like im gonna tell it to anybody else until now i guess but yeah then work on rest paying down the booboo interest is the pits i was stuck on 150 went up to 220 and the "why" is too late then buddy and if is or is not is where its at now so you gotta figure it out and see why why why the numbers go up why they drop how they drop to calculate accurately to pay enough to make a substantial change in the account or else it seems that you dont get anywhere.. If i knew credit was this easy to familiarize with i would have done it loooong ago..not scared no more but still not doing whats not in my best interest so i move very slowly i like weighing all my options first shopping around for EVERYTHING and i want to know how to do it bask in it before making my choices because then i can confidently take steps that will affect the rest of my life... but no one tells you how to get establish credit other than a close friend or significant other only things i have read on or heard of ever because the trust has to be there....LOL         if have any questions let me know how i can help goodluck read posts they WORK!!!!!YAY

Unfortunately OP hasn't been on in over 4 years. Smiley Sad

Message 33 of 34
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@ready13 wrote:

Unfortunately OP hasn't been on in over 4 years. Smiley Sad

I kind of feel bad...that is one BIG block of text.  ready13, the paragraph is your friend!  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.