Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a ? about lates and a Chap 7

tag
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

I have a ? about lates and a Chap 7

Dh filed Chap 7 disc 12/07 started the case 6/07 OK he has 2 accounts that were closed and paid off WAY BEFORE chap 7 there are 1-2 lates showing his score is 544. If I GW those lates and they remove them would his score go up?

Next ? and I advise NO ONE to do this, he kept 1 account out of everything because it was so old and "I" keep it up for him no lates, never OL, spotless for 2 years, (yes I know they can pul his CR and see the Chap 7 and close his account) I PIF this account every month, should I NOT PIF every month to show a payment hist so it can help his score?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: I have a ? about lates and a Chap 7

anyone?
Message 2 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

If you're making charges and paying it off, you are already showing a payment history.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, I am having difficulty understanding what you are saying.  In the first paragraph are you saying that your dh paid an account 6 months before the BK and it is showing as IIB.  Please re-expain yourself and you should get more replies.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I reread your first part and understand.   yes your score should go up unless these accounts are the oldest reporting accounts on your report.  Then it possibly could go down.
Message 5 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Sorry, the account was paid and closed  before Chap 7 and shows a late payment, can I GW this and his score could go up? (he has 2 like this with the same company)

Second, DH kept 1 acct out of Chap 7 it has NEVER been late in 6 years and has always been PIF by me, I use it I pay it.
The ? was am I doing more harm to his score by PIF each month?

Did I ask that better?

Message Edited by gdtobefree on 03-11-2008 12:06 PM
Message 6 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Did that explain my question better?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.