cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an 850 FICO score : )

tag
TRShee

Re: I have an 850 FICO score : )

Well I think it depends. I like having cash, its in a money market account so getting some interest. I do want to buy a roth IRA, as my 401k is all pre-tax investment. As I mentioned, I am at end of my mortgage, so will need to start sheltering more of my income so will start increasing my retirement contributions. New employer makes me wait 6 months to enroll. So might just go to my bank and buy ROTH IRA. Fun stuff.
Initial FICO Score 640, 2011
Current FICO Score 850, 2017
Message 11 of 18
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

Good read, thanks for sharing

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

After years of medical bills, and late payments, I began to pay off CC bills, until I now only owe on my house.  I have 35 years of credit history, less than 1% credit usage, and reached the 850 mark.

My wife is at 842 and should reach the 850 mark at the next reporting period as she paid off her Discover card getting her credit usage to <1%

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TRShee "I also followed Clark Howard's advice ( thankfully )...."

Great story, and thanks for sharing it!   It gives many of us "implorables" hope and guidance.  As for the bolded, GOOD MOVE!  Clark Howard is...the...MAN.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WoW! Congratulations!!!

Very inspiring journey. I've never felt that 850 was possible, 800+ was my goal. Your story has given me the incentive to go for 850. Thank you!

I encourage anyone to work on their FICO score, it's not really hard to do it just takes focus and understanding what helps and what hurts your score.  

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What a fabulous journey 🎉
Message 16 of 18
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Amazing and inspirational.  This gives me even more motivation to work on clawing my way back to the top.

Thank you!

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice story, and a great credit score!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.