Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hit pay dirt

tag
crapandgarbage
New Contributor

I hit pay dirt

this site is great. I have been checking this site every day for any new insite or info i could use. Early nov 07 I pulled by credit report and had a tu 599 , ex 602 and eq ???.  I called OC's, CA's, hung up on some people, sent PFD's and GW letters.  Checked scores again (11-28-07), tu 641, ex 626 and eq 646. I got the original scores from annualcreditreport.com and the new scores from  truecredit.com so Im not sure how much that matters.  

As you can see I was able to get some things removed. I have one collection that will be updated to paid but I am fighting to get it removed. The OC said they cant, the CA said they can only update to paid.  I will call the OC monday to see who owns the account.  Some one please help me.... If the CA is reporting it but the OC owns it the CA must  remove?   If the CA is only collecting for the OC who has final say? Its only 59 dollars. I paid before I tried to PFD. I  paid the CA, sent a GW to OC and will GW CA this weekend.

I have several letters out. one to remove (1) 30 day late  from 05 on an account i had since 91. (sears).  Another to forgive a mistake I made that had a payment reversed leaving a balance on an account that I thought was paid (gordon's). I think they might go for it.  

Any way, this is great. dont give up. dont give in. my goal is to hit 700 club in first quarter 08 then mid 700's by summer.

Message Edited by crapandgarbage on 12-01-2007 01:00 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hit pay dirt

You really should get some FICO scores-

FICO's can be 100 points different-
Message 2 of 3
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Re: I hit pay dirt

I agree, invest in your scores (and reports) from myFico and see exactly what you are working with. You might be surprised that your true FICOs can be very different from those at True Credit.

I would also take some time to read the Scoring 101 thread, lots of valuable information in there.

Good luck, it sounds like you are on the right track!
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.