cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just checked my credit

tag
chuck52698

I just checked my credit

I just signed with the three in one credit monitoring for $20/month. I am working on refinancing my house. I currently have a provate lender that does not report to credit. I have a low debt to income ratio (I suspect under 25%), and make enough for the house loan. My credit scores are EQ 678 TRU 708 EXP 683. Equifax barely has anything on there. The other two numbers were above 700 a few months ago when I applied, and recieved four credit cards. It dropped me several points. My credit card utilization is about 25% of 16K plus in total credit. Will I have difficulty getting a refinance? I have two collection accounts. One is 4 years old for $177 and the other in 18 mos old for $55. Both medical collections it seems.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: I just checked my credit

The scores above probably aren't the scores a mortgage lender would use so be careful relying on them.  No idea on difficulty but if you want to improve your credit then keep this in mind and start with the biggest slices first:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

Derogs will impact Payment History.  Hit the Rebuilding subforum and see what you can do about your derogs.

Utilization is the next biggest slice.  While 25% is under the 30% recommended max you may see better results with optimized utilization before applying (less than 10% and only one balance reporting).

When do you intend to refinance?  General recommendation is no new credit 6 months to a year prior to a mortgage.  Are the cards the only accounts that show on your reports?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.