Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just felt like being snarky....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just felt like being snarky....

Last year, a collection agency called me about one the last medical bills I had to pay...The collector taunted, threatened, yelled....I'm sure you get the idea.  I told him that I did not deal with collection agencies, and that I would pay the medical practiced I owed $342 directly. When I called the office manager and told her that I would pay a bit every month...she was downright nasty....and hung up on me.

So....I had my (free) automatic bill payer send $1 per week. Last payment was sent out Friday. I called the office to make sure my last payment had been received and told them it was probably the costliest $342 they've ever had to process. It likely cost them more to open envelopes and walk $1 checks to the bank  (small practice....) than it would have to dealt with me with a bit more civility.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just felt like being snarky....

Thats GREAT! Smiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

LMAO.....wish I'd thought to do that a while back!!!! I can only assume the aggravation you caused them, as I work in the dental field. I probably would have refused your dollar, though....since it was already sent to collectionsSmiley Very Happy

Zen wrote:
Last year, a collection agency called me about one the last medical bills I had to pay...The collector taunted, threatened, yelled....I'm sure you get the idea.  I told him that I did not deal with collection agencies, and that I would pay the medical practiced I owed $342 directly. When I called the office manager and told her that I would pay a bit every month...she was downright nasty....and hung up on me.

So....I had my (free) automatic bill payer send $1 per week. Last payment was sent out Friday. I called the office to make sure my last payment had been received and told them it was probably the costliest $342 they've ever had to process. It likely cost them more to open envelopes and walk $1 checks to the bank  (small practice....) than it would have to dealt with me with a bit more civility.

Message 3 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Zen wrote:

I'm a finance manager for a medical practice and I am always willing to work something out with patients, unless of course they do what you did.Smiley Tongue
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a payment arrangement and was met with hostility. They got what they deserved.
It wasn't that I didn't WANT to pay them...I just asked if I could pay it off in increments...so I did.
342 increments. Hey they got paid.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zen,
that's so funny. nice!!! That's what they get. I liiike
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

my son was in an auto accident the Wed before Christmas and I now have a collection company calling me about his 298.00 ER bill. I told him according to the hospital the doctor has a contract with them and due to my income I am only responable for 20% of the total bill. He told me I had the kid now deal with my problems. Maybe I should do that to them only pay like .50 cent at a time.tongue smiley
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Zen wrote:

Did you mean $1 per day? You owed 342 last year, only 52 weeks in a year so the debt wouldn't be paid off by now. A buck a day would even be better!!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

at least you got your bills within a year...i was in an accident in 2001, got a collection appearing on my report for $96 ER billed in March 2007. I never received a single notice from anybody about this balance owed.

Paid it and now its on my report until 2012. great
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I never did get the bills. They were sending them to an address I have not lived at in over 13yrs. I found it on my credit report when we went to buy a home. I called the hospital and they said that they could send me the paper work to see if I would qulify for a lower amount due to my income and I have 4 teenagers. So I said sure and I was responsible for 273.00. and paid it right away.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.