Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just found out what I can DEMAND from a CA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just found out what I can DEMAND from a CA

On the Bud Hibbs Helps America site this was written:

Keep an eye on your credit report. If a collection agency tries to repost an old debt or lie about the date it went delinquent, you’ll need to fight back vigorously. Dispute the entry with the credit bureaus and with the collection agency.

If the collector persists in its deception, you can demand that the collector produce a copy of the documentation that created the debt, such as the credit card agreement you originally signed, along with an account history, said consumer attorney ----------- of Chicago. Chances are the collector won’t have this documentation, and continuing to report the account without providing proof that you owe the money is a violation of the FDCPC

I took out the attorney name.

This helps me as I have CA that I know nothing about & figure that they are very old. All my debt should be CC so I am dv them. If or when I hear from them I am going to demand that they send me the above info. The account history should be a killer.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just found out what I can DEMAND from a CA

Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 7
annah618
Established Member

Send them a DV cmrrr and dispute w/ CRA's when you get notification they've received the letter.

If they don't validate to the CRA's, the CRA's will delete them. But if they do validate they have violated a law that says they can't report on you when you are requesting validation, and you can have them deleted. There is more info on this around the forums, it's known as the 1 2 punch.

Message Edited by annah618 on 07-14-2007 10:50 PM
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already have a dispute going & they haven't answered CRA...I have DV ready to go tomorrow.
I redid them & added that I want copy of DOC that caused the debt along with account history.

thank you
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a CA that I DV'd on and they reported on my EX as a new account while the dispute is still going on. This caused me to lose out on a loan with BoA. Smiley Mad That is the only reason they turned me down. I didn't even know at the time I applied that this CA had done this.

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 07-15-2007 05:17 PM
Message 5 of 7
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Yes, and LVNV is really good at making it look like payments were made after DOFD.  I noticed on my fiance's credit reports that when he went 120+ delinquent, LVNV bought account and for 15 months after DOFD, made it look like payments were made every month, when we absolutely know for a fact that no payments were made!  They do this, so they can have more time to file judgements!  I'm on to their game.  If anybody has CA from LVNV, make sure you thouroughly investigate all issues with this CA.  They are very deceitful, and submit inaccurate payment info to credit bureaus to benefit them, so they have more time to file a judgement before SOL is up!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Watch out for LVNV - I have utilized Bud's website and never received that particular validation, just some statements of Providian and a Stmt from LVNV themselves to the latest CA and claim THAT's validation.

Must send a letter to the Judge - I'm hoping she'll let it go but thanks to this post, I'll submit it againSmiley Happy

YES, LVNV does report accounts with new activity, and it's all BS but the CRs just keep saying it's "verified"!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.