cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just got a call from Alliance One AFTER I sent them a DV!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a call from Alliance One AFTER I sent them a DV!

Is this a violation?

I used the popular "lonestar" dv format I found on here and it clearly states that all further communications should be done via mail

"I am also stating, in writing, that no telephone contact be made by your offices. If your offices attempt telephone communication with me, including but not limited to computer generated calls and calls or correspondence sent to or with any third parties, it will be considered harassment, and I will have no choice but to file suit. All future communications with me MUST be done in writing and sent to the address noted in this letter by United States Postal Service."

Sent DV about a 2weeks ago so they are still within the 30 day period
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I just got a call from Alliance One AFTER I sent them a DV!

Yes that would be a violation if you included in your DV that all future contact be in writing to you ( did you include no phone calls to you at HM or WK. )
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 violations-

1 for "collection activities" prior to answering DV
1 for calling at inconvenient time-
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

IF you sent the letter CMRRR   then they are in violation   If they call again make note of it. IF you have caller ID look before you answer & then when they say who they are say....just a min please.....ok now who is this   they should give their name and CA name....you answer  hi joe blow I need to tell you that all calls on this phone are recorded!!!

They usually do not get it!  Tell them that every phone call is monitored and that this is second violation and you are keep track of them.....hang up!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-18-2008 03:05 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't even answer the call, they actually left me a voicemail so I actually have proof of it!!

Happy, are you saying I should still answer and do the ^^above or just continue to save their voicemails?

gator, I didn't realize I had to specifically mention not to call my hm or wk........I just told them not to call period

Message Edited by bobgr on 03-18-2008 03:15 PM

Message Edited by bobgr on 03-18-2008 03:17 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

No  let it go to voice mail!!   But some people do not have that or caller ID.....a simple no phone calls everything in writting is all you needed to do!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed    Just didn't know if you incl DO NOT CALL in your DV Letter! That's all you have to write.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.